Any loan help for rural Ophtho?

Started by odieoh
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

odieoh

Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone aware of any loan repayment programs for rural specialists? I know there are lots of programs for primary care docs but not sure about other specialties. I work in a rural area and just found out I qualify for a $2500 tax credit (state) because of this and it got me wondering if there are any repayment programs as well. Anyone know of anything?
 
Bump -- I was wondering if there are any loan forgiveness opportunities in ophthalmology. I heard somewhere that going into academics may make people eligible for loan forgiveness? Any insight would be appreciated
 
Have heard of academic places giving you a stipend while you are off at fellowship. I imagine some smaller towns the hospital might do something like this if there was a huge need.