Any Master's program roll into Med School????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ifitsthelastthingido

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All!

Just wondering if anyone out there knows of any Master's programs like Medical Health Science, etc …. that is a 1 year program that if you have high enough GPA like 3.5 or above in the program you have a chance / roll into their medical school?

I've heard vaguely there might be programs / schools that have this option to do that if you have been rejected after applying to their medical school.

A little about me: I've applied once to medical schools and was rejected because below average MCAT & ok GPA….everything else healthcare experience / worked at hospital & nursing home for 4 years AND lots of research experience is excellent…..

So now I'm an adult that has tons of work experience but 24 MCAT & 3.4 GPA….. getting a job for more experience doesn't seem the right thing to do. BUT what program / education route to take to give myself the best opportunity to get accepted into med school?

I've even thought about going to PA school, work a few years and then reapply to medical schools….. ????

I'm completely at lost to what the next BEST step should be….. Any suggestions from people that know of similar situations are greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All!

Just wondering if anyone out there knows of any Master's programs like Medical Health Science, etc …. that is a 1 year program that if you have high enough GPA like 3.5 or above in the program you have a chance / roll into their medical school?

I've heard vaguely there might be programs / schools that have this option to do that if you have been rejected after applying to their medical school.

A little about me: I've applied once to medical schools and was rejected because below average MCAT & ok GPA….everything else healthcare experience / worked at hospital & nursing home for 4 years AND lots of research experience is excellent…..

So now I'm an adult that has tons of work experience but 24 MCAT & 3.4 GPA….. getting a job for more experience doesn't seem the right thing to do. BUT what program / education route to take to give myself the best opportunity to get accepted into med school?

I've even thought about going to PA school, work a few years and then reapply to medical schools….. ????

I'm completely at lost to what the next BEST step should be….. Any suggestions from people that know of similar situations are greatly appreciated.

Your next step should be work on your MCAT. You can also consider improving your GPA via grade replacement and shoot for a DO school.

a 24 says you shouldn't go near a med school yet. more undergrad imho - master the content in the med school prereqs

see the postbac forum down under interdisciplinary for info on the masters programs hosted at med school

there are only 2 programs that offer anything like a guarantee of a med school seat, and you don't currently qualify for either. there used to be more "linkage" SMPs

if you're URM then you have more options

read up. best of luck to you

Reactions: 1 users