Any MCAT Sub-scores <8 get II?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yojimbo_OGT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Following...

I scored the equivalent of a 29. With a 124 in PS. Hoping my straight A's in Chem, Bio, Biochem, and Organic make up for it.

This thread will hopefully continue throughout the application cycle, but I want to know....

Have any applicants with an MCAT sub-score of <8 (i.e., <~55% for you new MCATers) received interview invites? ***This will be much easier if people respond affirmatively instead of the inevitable onslaught of 'no's.***

There are miracles happening in the 27-29 MCAT club/thread, so I want them to happen here as well.

-Personally I am at a 30+ score with a VR sub-score of 7; I'm still hoping that I beat the odds and gain favor of some MD schools-

Goro, please be nice to us.

There are some schools I think @Doug Underhill had a list of them a couple weeks ago where 10th percentile verbal scores are at 7. That should answer your question pretty well on can it be done. And even for those schools where 10th percentile verbal scores are around 8(sometimes even 9) there are definitely people with 7's who got in and can be competitive with a strong application.

Also btw a sub 8 section score isnt 55th percentile thats the cut off for a 9. Sub 8 verbal is like 28th-42nd percentile.

During my application cycle last year, I had an II with WVU's MD program. Had a 7 on verbal but a 29 overall. Withdrew my application from WVU after I decided on podiatry instead.

Last edited:
I took the 2015 MCAT and scored a 123 in psych/soc (32 percentile). I did well in other the other sections (around 85th percentile) so I'm applying MD. I'll let you know how it goes!

I think it varies with sub-section, right? @GrapesofRath I'm going to look for that thread that Underhill posted. I'll throw the link up here hopefully.

At any rate, I'm glad to hear a couple people are beating the odds.

There's no subsection on the mcat where anything above 50th percentile can be a 7