If I get an II does that mean my app is free of major issues?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

send_help

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got my first II in two cycles this morning (MD). Does this mean I can be reasonably sure my app is free of major errors and that my writing was at least tolerable? Just curious if meeting the bar for one MD school means I have a reasonable shot at the other ones I applied to.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think it definitely means you don't have any glaring red flags or a negative LOR. As far as writing goes, you probably didn't write anything straight up racist or sexist or something either lol, but different people find different styles of writing palatable so if you took a super creative approach or something it might sit well with some and not with others.

Regardless, congrats on the IIs! Crush 'em

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
I think it definitely means you don't have any glaring red flags or a negative LOR. As far as writing goes, you probably didn't write anything straight up racist or sexist or something either lol, but different people find different styles of writing palatable so if you took a super creative approach or something it might sit well with some and not with others.

Regardless, congrats on the IIs! Crush 'em
Appreciate it! This process stamped the creativity out of me years ago, I think I’ve got a pretty normal writing style so hopefully it goes over well with other schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Appreciate it! This process stamped the creativity out of me years ago, I think I’ve got a pretty normal writing style so hopefully it goes over well with other schools.
Yeah then you're chilling imo good luck!

I got my first II in two cycles this morning (MD). Does this mean I can be reasonably sure my app is free of major errors and that my writing was at least tolerable? Just curious if meeting the bar for one MD school means I have a reasonable shot at the other ones I applied to.
Yes.

• Love
I don’t agree, I think they could be “curious” or you have something that made up for a big weakness at least for an interview. Also I’d say it depends which schools you got II’s from. Only time will tell

Reactions: 1 users
Getting one chair turn (on "The Voice") does not imply you will get the remaining three chair turns. It makes it more probable, but it is not guaranteed. But yes, it is unlikely you have a real red flag that disqualifies you (i.e., no chair turns).

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Hi Goro,

Is getting an II quickly after completion date from a Top 10, Top 20 school a good sign for potential II at others in that bracket?