any med students under the same pressure????

lata

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
.... from their spouse who doesn't understand the need to really relax and let go after a crazy exam week :confused: i'm away at school so i know that it is difficult being apart but i just went through a very hard exam week and really spent sometime over the weekend with friends relaxing.... but somehow that seems to have gone over wrong.... :( this is sooo tiring... med school seems to have a lot of pressure that others don't seem to understand... :scared: uggghhhh! how do any of you explain to your spouse so that they "get it" ... sooo frustrating.. and depressing....

Members don't see this ad.

lata said:
.... from their spouse who doesn't understand the need to really relax and let go after a crazy exam week :confused: i'm away at school so i know that it is difficult being apart but i just went through a very hard exam week and really spent sometime over the weekend with friends relaxing.... but somehow that seems to have gone over wrong.... :( this is sooo tiring... med school seems to have a lot of pressure that others don't seem to understand... :scared: uggghhhh! how do any of you explain to your spouse so that they "get it" ... sooo frustrating.. and depressing....
Talk to him and make a schedule of "spouse" time when you do nothing else! This is important especially if you are away at school. He'll have to understand that this thing is hard, but you have to understand him too! If he's not in school, he'll never completely understand, but you guys have to compromise....You'll make it!!

lata said:
Oh yes, most def, and tell me when u figure out how to deal with it! My SO doesn't even want to understand. +pissed+

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually encourage my student to go out and play after a big test! Its important for their sanity to destress and that can only be good for the relationship.

It helps though that I often go destress with him and have more med student friends then spouse friends because of it.

I don't know how you would make a spouse understand that though because it seems so logical to me. Maybe sign them up for an intense stress (or an IRS meeting) and then see if they don't want their own time to destress after!!!

Good luck!
Wifty

These messages really bother me. When you are married, med school student or not, you should want to spend every waking moment with your spouse. THAT IS WHAT IT IS TO BE MARRIED! You should not only just spend your rare free time with your spouse, you should WANT to spend it with your spouse and not with anyone else.