This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
choices, choices, choices lol. Congrats. Having to make this decision is a great problem to have!
Hahaga . Thank you . This is my third year applying - last two I didn’t even get interviews . So I’ve been waiting for this for a while :)))))

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey folks,

Bumping this thread for this year’s applicants. Hoping to get some mutual support and advice going.

My story: Married Naval Academy grad, 9 years active duty, flew jets, then instructed on them. Attended UVA’s postbac.

Stats: 3.01 uGPA (BS in History,) 3.83 pbGPA, 3.18 cGPA (3.45 sGPA), 516 MCAT

Shadow: ~100 hrs, almost all in the ED
Volunteer: Elementary school aide volunteer for several months, cancer center hospitality volunteer weekly for the last year (still ongoing), worked several Remote Area Medical expeditions (including ten days in Haiti).

I applied broadly (28 schools.) 2 IIs... so far! (Tulane/UNLV)

Honestly, just happy to even have the opportunity, the process has been exhilarating.

Hey folks,

Bumping this thread for this year’s applicants. Hoping to get some mutual support and advice going.

My story: Married Naval Academy grad, 9 years active duty, flew jets, then instructed on them. Attended UVA’s postbac.

Volunteer: Elementary school aide volunteer for several months, cancer center hospitality volunteer weekly for the last year (still ongoing), worked several Remote Area Medical expeditions (including ten days in Haiti).

Honestly, just happy to even have the opportunity, the process has been exhilarating.

You've got a strong application despite a lower than ideal uGPA and I suspect you will get more invites soon. Just be aware that some schools heavily favor GPA and some favor MCAT and you will be more likely to get II's from those that favor MCAT. Best of luck in your interviews. I don't have any hard data to back it up, but anecdotally, myself and many other vets I know seem to convert a higher percentage of II's into acceptances than non-vets.

Hey folks,

What’s your school list?

Hey folks,

Congrats man! Maybe I’ll bump into you at Tulane on interview day!

Bumping as well.

How late into the cycle were you guys still recieving interviews ?

I am aTexas resident and currently in the Army Reserve, and did 3 years active duty. I can definitely say that having military experience is a huge advantage, as I dont think that my MCAT and GPA alone secured me 11 interviews so far: 8 from MD schools and 3 from DO schools. I also receiver II from WVU and Albany Medical College. Hope to turn any of those into into an acceptance. Good luck to all service members and vets and wish you great health to cope with the stress of this cycle!

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.