Any more schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spf15

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I don't think it would be a waste of money at all. I applied to those schools and my numbers are pretty similar to yours (3.82, 35 MCAT). You are either average or a little below MCAT average for a lot of the top schools, and your gpa/ECs are stellar. Sinai's app is pretty easy (why sinai, how will you add to diversity). Cornell's is easy too (why cornell, what are you doing this year?). Harvard is basically just What have you done since graduation? I think your stats are excellent and your ECs make you unique, you have a shot at Sinai, Cornell and other top schools for sure (Harvard is of course a crapshoot for even the best).

Thanks for your input. Does anybody else have more opinions?

Members don't see this ad :)
apply to at least 10 schools, just to be safe. I applied to 15 with similar stats to you, maybe slightly less EC. Maybe look at Jefferson?

So are you saying that I should add more safety schools?

I've applied to over 10 schools (I didn't write my entire list in my original post).

ok. If you didn't write your whole list, thats another story. I think 10-15 schools is fine and that you have a good chance at those higher level schools!

You have the stats and ECs to make it anywhere really... it's gonna take some luck, yes, but u'll def. break into the top 20.

That sounds really encouraging... I was so disappointed when I got my MCAT score back and thought that it would completely eliminate my chances at top schools.

I'm not that interested in Jefferson... If I were to add more schools, it might be something like Emory or BU or something along those lines. And maybe the reach schools, now that I know that the secondaries aren't that terrible... :oops: