ANY MSTPers?!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

big_smiles

Tiffanator - -BoooYaaHH!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone.
I applied to 10 MSTP programs and am awaiting to hear from them?
How are other people doing who have applied MSTP?
Any interviews? :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

check out the MSTP forum on SDN.

When did you apply? :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Come over to the MSTP forum. Everyone is worrying/cheering each other together. I've got 6 interviews scheduled so far :clap: (Note: my tone is celebatory disbelief, not arrogance... I'm still waiting for them all to say "oops, clerical error; you're rejected.") Where did you apply, and when did you submit? I've been complete at most schools since mid-September... except for 2 apps I haven't sent in yet (can't decide if my slim chances at Harvard are worth the $85).

big_smiles said:
Hey Everyone.
I applied to 10 MSTP programs and am awaiting to hear from them?
How are other people doing who have applied MSTP?
Any interviews? :luck:

I'm an idiot. What does mstp stand for?

Medical Scientist Training Program

I put in my AMCAS in mid-August and secondaries as soon as possible afterwards. I did take the August MCAT, so that slows down things, but I was up 4 points (27M to 31O) so it was worth it. I am kinda nervous if I am "good enough" for MSTP. I have a 3.98 avg but my MCATs are low for MSTP students. I hope it works out! I applied to NY Medical College, SUNY Downstate, SUNY Buffalo, SUNY Upstate, SUNY Stony Brook, Ohio State, Case Western, Penn State, and U Michigan

. . . no rejections yet, though! Should I take this as a good sign?

big_smiles said:
I put in my AMCAS in mid-August and secondaries as soon as possible afterwards. I did take the August MCAT, so that slows down things, but I was up 4 points (27M to 31O) so it was worth it. I am kinda nervous if I am "good enough" for MSTP. I have a 3.98 avg but my MCATs are low for MSTP students. I hope it works out! I applied to NY Medical College, SUNY Downstate, SUNY Buffalo, SUNY Upstate, SUNY Stony Brook, Ohio State, Case Western, Penn State, and U Michigan

. . . no rejections yet, though! Should I take this as a good sign?
Hey, don't worry too much about the mcat. Mine is a 30Q and my gpa is much lower than yours and I'm doing fine so far. And congrats on the score improvement. I got a 25 my first time around, so I kow how exciting it is to see such improvement. :thumbup: