Any Recommended Resources for Grant Writing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tpcheung

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are some readings, guides, or resources for current dual-degree students/residents in grant writing you would recommend? I'm a current DPM-PhD student and am looking into some small training research grants to help carry me throughout residency. Looking forward to any help. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

What are some readings, guides, or resources for current dual-degree students/residents in grant writing you would recommend? I'm a current DPM-PhD student and am looking into some small training research grants to help carry me throughout residency. Looking forward to any help. Thank you!
Some institutions have grant repositories of funded grants. If not... ask around. Most people want to share their successes...

Reactions: 1 user
I would first identify what grant mechanism you're aiming for and then look for or ask for successful examples of grants for that particular mechanism. You have to tailor your writing to that mechanism, and a small trainee grant will look very different from a large investigator grant.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you, All! & Will take a look at the link above and start from there. Thanks!

I found book The Grant Application Writer's Workbook (NIH version) exceedingly helpful for my F award. Your school library might have a copy or you (or your program) can buy a copy online. The group's seminars are great too if you get the chance to attend one.