You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
any news from NYU after you interviewed?
Started by GB78
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nothing from hunter - they told me they'd get back to us before or right after the holidays with their decision.
I got my acceptance to LIU on dec 16 via email, followed by the LIU PT award scholarship one week later via email as well.
Thats awesome congratulations! I pushed my interview with LIU back to the end of Jan. How much is the scholarship?
oh thanks. the scholarship is about 30k for all 3 years. good luck to you too.
got my hunter rejection today via email. was one of my top 3 schools. ouch.
Same here. 🙁
niiiiiiice work! i just went for my NYU interview today. i was surprised at how warm and receptive everyone was. just super friendly place and totally made me want to go there. i understand all the hype now.
As far as I am concerned, it was only after I visited NYU for my interview that I actually realized how great their curriculum is!
congrats on the acceptance! did you get it via email or in the mail??
Email. (So if you are waiting to hear from them, checking your spam folder can make a lot of sense 🙂.)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
got my hunter rejection today via email. was one of my top 3 schools. ouch.
Same here. It was my top choice. Not to sound conceited but I'm really not sure why they rejected me. Not happy about it either 🙁
Same here. It was my top choice. Not to sound conceited but I'm really not sure why they rejected me. Not happy about it either 🙁
Don't take it personal. Hunter is known to be one of the toughest schools to get in to because of the small class size and low tuition. It doesnt necessarily make it a better program and I have heard that it has its faults. From what I know they are a numbers school in that they weigh heavily on GPA and GRE. I could be wrong but I didn't get in either. You will get in somewhere. Have faith.
GB are you going to NYU? I put down my deposit today 🙂
I have 3 more interviews to go to and 2 other acceptances, so I'll be making my final decision some time in February, I guess - but NYU's program is really high on my list (I just wish they were either not in NYC or offering some scholarships... :-( 🙂 ).
hey alemarti i have one more question, when did you do your interview? I want to know how long you waited between the interview and the acceptance email because I havent heard anything from them and the wait is killing me. Thanks and congrats again!
As an example of how long it could take: I interviewed December 10 and got the acceptance email January 6. Having heard that last year some people heard back within 2 weeks, I got kind of impatient, which is why I started this thread in the first place 🙂. But remember, it could always be worse: I submitted my application in the very beginning of October, but I'm yet to hear a single word from BU (they don't interview)!
I applied to BU aswell and I heard that they wont get back to us until Feb. I also interviewed in early Dec at NYU and havent heard anything. Others who interviewed last year and were not accepted told me that NYU waits until their class is full to notify you. There is no official waitlist. One young lady hadnt heard anything until April only to be rejected. So for those of us who havent heard back from the dec interviews it MAY be a loooong wait.
hey alemarti i have one more question, when did you do your interview? I want to know how long you waited between the interview and the acceptance email because I havent heard anything from them and the wait is killing me. Thanks and congrats again!
It was about the same wait as GB78. I interviewed on December 8th and received an acceptance on January 6. Good luck!
So as you can assume from all the questions, this is my number one choice. i havent heard back and interviewed dec 1st. did you guys follow up after the interview with a call or a letter? I sent a thank you card but I did not call anyone. thanks!
I didnt follow up with anyone after the interview. Maybe you can call and ask what the status is? Some schools said it was okay to do that if you were receiving acceptances from other schools and needed to hear back. I think that can be risky though as you dont want to push them to make a decision. Anyway I hope you get in! Best of luck 🙂