Any news from Tufts or NYMC???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrLizzie

Still in the game
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been complete at both schools for a while, and I have still not heard from them yet (been told by Tufts that my application is under review). Does that mean that I should just wait for the rejection letters that are being printed as I type this, or are there people who haven't heard from these schools yet either?

Members don't see this ad.

DrLizzie said:
I have been complete at both schools for a while, and I have still not heard from them yet (been told by Tufts that my application is under review). Does that mean that I should just wait for the rejection letters that are being printed as I type this, or are there people who haven't heard from these schools yet either?

I've been complete at NYMC since 08/01 and still haven't heard anything beyond the "complete and under review" crap. And their staff is incredibly useless about giving any sort of feedback or information regarding your application even if you call them.

Maybe you're both in luck at NYMC then, since I got a rejection letter from them last week. Seems my "update" letter served as a reminder to several places to send out my rejection letters... :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there,

Complete around mid-August, got the rejection by snail mail on Feb. 18 (Sat). I recently checked the application status website and didn't see anything underneath the 'Decision' heading, so the letter was a bit of a surprise for me.

I wish you guys much better luck. :)

Sorry to hear that Ortho and Longway...it's NYMC's loss.

I'm glad to hear that I am not in this alone, and I'm also sorry to hear about the rejection letters. Can only assume that mine is on the way as well (trying to keep hope alive, but it is getting harder and harder as time goes by).

Good luck on the remainder of this application process!!!!

RayhanS1282 said:

Thanks for saying that! Keep up hope - it really is true that people get accepted right up to the day classes start. Not that it would be very fun or stress free...but just that, there is still time!

RayhanS1282 said:

Thanks for the kind words. :) To you, Dr. Lizzie and everyone else waiting, HAPPY THOUGHTS, you guys will get in somewhere great! :thumbup:

RayhanS1282 said:
I've been complete at NYMC since 08/01 and still haven't heard anything beyond the "complete and under review" crap. And their staff is incredibly useless about giving any sort of feedback or information regarding your application even if you call them.

Yeah, NYMC's admissions office is truly amazing. I called to check my status one day and found out they had placed another applicants letters or rec in my folder...the secretary then came back on the phone to tell me that they were still waiting on one of my letters to arrive from ****** University (a school I never attended and one that has no undergraduate school affiliated with it). Needless to say, Ive heard nothing since then....although it is comforting to hear that theyve begun rejection people, at least I can finally get it over with

Vizsla said:
Yeah, NYMC's admissions office is truly amazing. I called to check my status one day and found out they had placed another applicants letters or rec in my folder...the secretary then came back on the phone to tell me that they were still waiting on one of my letters to arrive from ****** University (a school I never attended and one that has no undergraduate school affiliated with it). Needless to say, Ive heard nothing since then....although it is comforting to hear that theyve begun rejection people, at least I can finally get it over with

They messed up on my letters too. I submitted my secondaries and letters very early, but because of a processing on error on their end my application wasn't "complete" until November. Maybe they put my letters in your folder!

I emailed them to tell them I would be in NY for a while, but they told me if I was offered an interview they'd let me know. I keep expecting the rejection letter and it never comes. Lame.

I've got to digress from the original point ot the thread and vent.

I've called the NYMC office maybe twice since August and every time it's the same damn answer "everything is available on the web and any decisions will be sent by mail or e-mail, please be patient". That be patient comment really burns my ass. Let's see, I forked over $100 for a "secondary" (Qs are what's your social? any relatives that are alumni of NYMC? any disciplinary action?). They don't even check. And then they think my giving us a web site, they are bestowing a blessing upon us. I have to fight the urge to ask them, "and you get paid how much for this?" And from the other posters, they can't even do filing correctly! Talk about overpaid.

Yeah, MCW has a website too but you know what, the people actually look at the file when you call and guess what the dean...yeah the dean, he actually returns calls and lets you know what's holding you back. And you don't even have to ask them...they actually feel guilty when they see that you've been waiting for over 6 months.

Here endeth the vent. We now return you to your regularly scheduled posting.

Have you scheduled the Tufts interview yet? If so, when was the earliest date you could get?

Members don't see this ad :)
thegenius said:
Nope, haven't scheduled it yet. I just got it today and I haven't decided if I'm going to go to it.

snail mail, right?

freckleDoc said:
snail mail, right?

Oddly enough, I received an email from the Director for Student Programs and Minority Affairs stating "I am pleased to find that you have been invited for an interview." and I remember saying to myself "Wow, that is news to me!" :)

I have received no other correspondence from Tufts, but maybe it will be in my mailbox when I get home tonight.

I am in the same boat as the majority of the people on this thread. Have been complete since September for both Tufts and NYMC. The NYMC people make me very nervous. I know its almost March, I feel sooooo dejected and unwanted. :(

I completely aggree with you RayhanS1282. And the funny thing is that people that have been rejected still have no information on their status page, so for them to tell us that the status pages get updated everyday is obviously a lie.
I just called today and have been checking my mailbox everyday, and nothing! This wait and being in a limbo, not knowing what's going on is really stressful.
For those of you that have heard back from these schools; good luck in anything that you decide to do.
For the rest of us that are still waiting; keep hope alive (I'm really laughing writing this, because I feel hopeless now and frustrated with the situation).
Can only pray that my only interview that I had last week will turn out to be a succesful one!!!

DrLizzie said:
I completely aggree with you RayhanS1282. And the funny thing is that people that have been rejected still have no information on their status page, so for them to tell us that the status pages get updated everyday is obviously a lie.
I just called today and have been checking my mailbox everyday, and nothing! This wait and being in a limbo, not knowing what's going on is really stressful.
For those of you that have heard back from these schools; good luck in anything that you decide to do.
For the rest of us that are still waiting; keep hope alive (I'm really laughing writing this, because I feel hopeless now and frustrated with the situation).
Can only pray that my only interview that I had last week will turn out to be a succesful one!!!

i had to laugh when you said you've been checking your mailbox everyday, as if this is different then every single person who has a mailbox.

i've been complete at NYMed since august, and haven't heard back since. :luck:

C.P. Jones said:
i had to laugh when you said you've been checking your mailbox everyday, as if this is different then every single person who has a mailbox.

i've been complete at NYMed since august, and haven't heard back since. :luck:

I'm fully aware that most of us have been checking our mailboxes once (if not more than that), to see if those thick or thin envelopes have arrived. I just get really frustrated with the sitiation, as most people are.

DrLizzie said:
I'm fully aware that most of us have been checking our mailboxes once (if not more than that), to see if those thick or thin envelopes have arrived. I just get really frustrated with the sitiation, as most people are.

i meant in general...as in if i didn't apply to med school i would still be checking my mailbox everyday, so i found it funny that you said you check it everyday b/c everyone does...and once again, by everyone i mean EVERYONE, not premeds

but thanks for getting offended b/c i said it was funny...i know what you meant by your post about being frustrated and checking everyday b/c i'm in the same position

C.P. Jones said:
i meant in general...as in if i didn't apply to med school i would still be checking my mailbox everyday, so i found it funny that you said you check it everyday b/c everyone does...and once again, by everyone i mean EVERYONE, not premeds

but thanks for getting offended b/c i said it was funny...i know what you meant by your post about being frustrated and checking everyday b/c i'm in the same position

Ohhh, I wasn't offended at all by what you wrote. As I said before, the whole application process is frustrating and it's kind of nice (in a weird way) to know that so many of us are going trhough this.

For everyone out there; stay positive and good luck on the remainder of this process. By may, hopefully most of us will talk about the stuff we hope to do in summer before med school starts!!!

yea, NYMC seems to have everyone waiting. I was complete in October. I have called them 3 times upto this point, the response being the standard still under review. I agree that patience is a virtue but not at this point! I have 0 interviews, and have already resigned myself to the next application cycle. still I keep checking everything religiously. :(