Any Non-Science Majors?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just wondering if SDN would have any. Im a third year History major and Middle Eastern Studies Minor at Georgia State.

You are fine - just take the prereqs. There are many non-sci majors on SDN and in med schools these days.

Members don't see this ad.

im half science major, half non science (Bio/German double major)

Psychology and Japanese Studies, except they aren't two separate majors, really. I get to combine them and do "cultural psychology". I'll be doing a post-bacc program though.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
nursing major.. specialization in health promotion.... hardly science

I'm an Exercise Science major w/ a minor in Biology. It actually has alot to do with the human body; you take anatomy courses Bio majors don't and have a lot of physics and health information involved. And it's not likely but in case med school doesn't work out I have a good plan B as an exercise physiologist, cscs, physical therapist, etc.

psych major with a minor in bio and chem
all lab and no play make jack a dull boy

First time through college: Philosophy and German double major
Grad school in philosophy and medical ethics
Post-bacc in psychology with the pre-med requirements.

Spanish and biology double major here. Being a non-science major allows for interesting conversation during interviews, because you'll always get the question "why did you chose your major?"

International Development Studies here...

I'm majoring in the History and Philosophy of Science with a minor in Medical History and Ethics. I was doing bio and a minor in music, but i realized i had no passion for either. Now I love my classes so much more. :D

Finance and Business Honors major for me. Hope to graduate in a year, and then take all my prereqs then.

Psych w/ Religious Studies Minor and English with literature concentration double degree (I'm a flake, what can I say?)

If I had it to do over: Psyc and Philosophy with a religious studies minor. :thumbup:

child development..and it's been really interesting!

took my degree in english literature. heavy research at the bench and in the clinic before, during, and a year after college. applying to MD/PhD programs.

the reality that i'd never have a chance to study anything other than science or medicine in a formal academic setting ever again that influenced my decision heavily when i declared my major.