any nuclear pharmacists here?

Started by 104921
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

1

104921

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a second year student and considering taking Nuclear pharmacy I and II in my third year as my electives so I can get hired as soon as I graduate. I would only need to complete 500 hours on the job to apply for board certification. I don't think I want to go into retail, but I did enjoy my summer experience with Walgreen's (it was at a new, slow store. Maybe I did not have the full, super busy Walgreen's experience). I am unsure. I'm mostly ruling out hospital, unless I decide on a residency in psychiatry or something.

If you're in nuclear now, are you happy with your job? Does the salary compare with those in other fields? I know it's odd hours for the most part, but do you work part time in retail to keep on your toes? Overall, what's the good and the bad? And lastly, even if I decide it's not what I want to do, should I just go ahead and take the electives to get my didactic hours of instruction in which counts towards being able to be employed (at least here in NC)? I don't want to miss out on possibly other interesting electives, but it seems I won't have much wiggle room my PY3 year. Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Try again!

img188534.jpg