Any nurses out there with interviews or acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mimi2kul

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello...i am a fellow nurse who will be apllying to medical school. i would like to know if anyone out there have been to an interview or is holding an acceptance. if so WHAT WERE SOME OF THE QUESTIONS THAT WERE ASKED IN THE INTERVIEW and your responses. in general did u feel the interview was a smooth ride? or was the "myth" RN-MD protrayed
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I've seen this question a lot and have heard that the biggest question is "why do you want to switch since you're already in the field?" Also, I've heard that some people have a negative sentiment towards nurses becoming MD's because of the nursing shortage. I don't share this opinion, though.

I've seen this question a lot and have heard that the biggest question is "why do you want to switch since you're already in the field?" Also, I've heard that some people have a negative sentiment towards nurses becoming MD's because of the nursing shortage. I don't share this opinion, though.
The truth is those that have negative sentiments are not nurses and till they are on the other side of the fence, it will really be hard to understand. i think if a nurse is not happy as a nurse and wants to pursue a higher level as a health care provider, it should not be something were people become negative. the bottom line is taking care of the patient. Everybody should be able to reach the optimum he/she feels that will enable him provide the best care for the sick, and if it means leaving nursing to medicine to maximize someone's potential, that should be well respected just like any other major.