Any of you guys own a knife (non kitchen)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VentdependenT

You didnt build thaT
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know what the hell is going on with me. But its nothing bad. Anyhoots I just bought an automatic knife. I don't even know what the F that is but I bought it anyways.

scaly_b.jpg

42 bones. 2 inch blade/3 inches when closed. Little fella.

Members don't see this ad.

I wish to officially nominate Venty as president of the GasForums Gun and Knife Club! :D

Story:

I'm on my 3rd year Family Med rotation in Galveston (this after being exiled by That Bitch Katrina), with an 80something y/o FP who's a few months from retirement.

Racist sumbitch he was, almost unforgivably so, but in all other ways a good guy, great doc, and by all means an Good Ol' Texan.

One day out of the blue says to me "Boy," (yes, he called me "Boy") "Do you carry a knife?"

I did not.

"Shouldn't no man be without a knife. Ain't no excuse for that. Lemme see what I can do." Rummages around in his office drawer, comes up with a cheap little hunting knife. Gives it to me.

So now I have a knife.

Members don't see this ad :)
my every day carry

[GVIDEO]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5928556490737711009&hl=en[/GVIDEO]

I have a couple of swiss army knives.

Spyderco is a great knife company...
That's what my "friend" said...

Vent, you get cooler all the time.

M16MIL_GRP_08.jpg

M16-13M, never leave home without it.

VERY easy to open one-hand, plus every important feature for a tactical folder: positive stop for fingers (so you don't slice your own hand if you stab something that stops the blade, like bone), very strong liner-lock, good blade, serrated/straight edge. Absolutely no complaints with this knife.

I don't know what the hell is going on with me. But its nothing bad. Anyhoots I just bought an automatic knife. I don't even know what the F that is but I bought it anyways.

scaly_b.jpg

NO, but I have been stabbed in the back a few times....

I've got wanna those green and yellow electric knives for cleaning trout and redfish down here in the bayou.

Don't think it would help me fend off the gangsters here in the big EZ.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be back in Nawlins' for 2 months after I finish 4 more weeks of internal med up at EKL in Baton Rouge..........My 40cal Glock and Benchmade auto got your back....help you fend of the G's Jetprop.

I've got wanna those green and yellow electric knives for cleaning trout and redfish down here in the bayou.

Don't think it would help me fend off the gangsters here in the big EZ.

I carry a shive I made out of metal hangers I found in the call room. And a ceramic spyderco ;)

249702966_PDBrR-M.jpg

my EDC...just the folder and not the 1911 (i wish!)

Emerson CQC-7B...great knife! and made in the good ol' US of A!

butter-knife.jpg

I know it doesn't look like much and it's a little dull, but it has got me out of many a jam.