You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
What non-anesthesia conferences do you go to?
Started by kidthor
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Plenty of physician finance ones, purposely in fun places if you're into that
Wilderness medicine conferences are fun and interesting.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can u still cme this or tax deduct this for 1099?
For CME through an employer it depends on their policy (which is created to defend from audits).Can u still cme this or tax deduct this for 1099?
For 1099 according to some on this forum you can deduct literally anything, even a trip to space, as related to your business you just have to be able to say it with a straight face to an auditor which is definitely ymmv.
For CME through an employer it depends on their policy (which is created to defend from audits).
For 1099 according to some on this forum you can deduct literally anything, even a trip to space, as related to your business you just have to be able to say it with a straight face to an auditor which is definitely ymmv.
I mean this sort of cme doesn't exactly scream scam. If it is real but non anesthesia relayed it is still medicine.
Financial education is medical now?I mean this sort of cme doesn't exactly scream scam. If it is real but non anesthesia relayed it is still medicine.
Generally if the education isn't related to your specialty it probably shouldn't be covered. Fortunately anesthesia has exposure to a lot of fields so I could see ways to relate many things to it (ie critical care, hospital medicine, surgical conference etc). But going to an outpatient rheum conference or something probably would be tough to defend to an auditor.
D
deleted87051
Financial education is medical now?
Generally if the education isn't related to your specialty it probably shouldn't be covered. Fortunately anesthesia has exposure to a lot of fields so I could see ways to relate many things to it (ie critical care, hospital medicine, surgical conference etc). But going to an outpatient rheum conference or something probably would be tough to defend to an auditor.
Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think it matters as long as you are awarded CME credits which are required to maintain your license.
Technically speaking yes but one would actually need to go to the event to earn the credits. So yes I was wrong literally came credits on everything for aesthetics to geriatrics could count for your license and technically deductible.Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think it matters as long as you are awarded CME credits which are required to maintain your license.
Financial education is medical now?
Generally if the education isn't related to your specialty it probably shouldn't be covered. Fortunately anesthesia has exposure to a lot of fields so I could see ways to relate many things to it (ie critical care, hospital medicine, surgical conference etc). But going to an outpatient rheum conference or something probably would be tough to defend to an auditor.
U think an auditor cares that much about this? 😹
Went to the HLTH conference in Vegas in October. Lots of health care startups and VC’s looking to match. Buzzwords everywhere (esp AI). Definitely not your typical medical conference; a very interesting environment.
I’ve also heard that the Wilderness med trips are great.
I’ve also heard that the Wilderness med trips are great.
Would you go to HLTH again? How much was it?Went to the HLTH conference in Vegas in October. Lots of health care startups and VC’s looking to match. Buzzwords everywhere (esp AI). Definitely not your typical medical conference; a very interesting environment.
I’ve also heard that the Wilderness med trips are great.
I would probably only recommend it if you’re entrepreneurial and thinking about getting involved in startups or a side gig as it was interesting to be surrounded by that side of health care for a few days. Some of the talks were good, some terrible. Nothing clinical (it’s not really geared toward physicians). Also the food and entertainment was miles beyond our normal clinical conferences. It was expensive though. I used my CME (employed) and my wife got her entry paid by AMA.
I’m definitely always pondering a side gig. Did you get any good leads? Were the involved companies looking for physician collaborators?I would probably only recommend it if you’re entrepreneurial and thinking about getting involved in startups or a side gig as it was interesting to be surrounded by that side of health care for a few days. Some of the talks were good, some terrible. Nothing clinical (it’s not really geared toward physicians). Also the food and entertainment was miles beyond our normal clinical conferences. It was expensive though. I used my CME (employed) and my wife got her entry paid by AMA.
Talked with some interesting startups; nothing with any follow up for me but there was potential for the more entrepreneurial. Overall I’d say they were looking more for physician advice (and VC money) than collaborators.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Including the furry stuff or not?
@OTCAwesome can tell you!!!Veterinary conference(s)?
I'd be curious what it's like to intubate gorillas.
Continuing Medical Education at Canyon Ranch Resort
Earn your CME credits through a physician retreat at Canyon Ranch, where you’ll learn proven strategies for preventive and integrative patient care from leading practitioners.
D
deleted87051
![]()
Continuing Medical Education at Canyon Ranch Resort
Earn your CME credits through a physician retreat at Canyon Ranch, where you’ll learn proven strategies for preventive and integrative patient care from leading practitioners.www.canyonranch.com
But could I get a cheeseburger there? 😉
Went to a Harvard board review course as a resident and the most interesting speaker was a veterinarian anesthesiologist. Great slide show. Called emergently to Logan when a gorilla in transit woke up. Smallest patient was a goldfish with polycystic gill disease being anesthetized by bubbling halothane in the water.Veterinary conference(s)?
I'd be curious what it's like to intubate gorillas.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 313
- Views
- 16K