Any "On Hold" yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Futuresky

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering. Please share your experiences, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

Yes I have been put on hold at two schools. ICO and PCO. I am taking alot of the pre-reqs this semester and that was basically the problem. They want to see my grades in those courses i think, since they said they want my december transcripts. Im getting A's in all my classes right now but Ive sort of taken the holds as a rejection. I dont know what other people's experiences have been and what the chances of getting an interview after being put on hold are..

How many prereqs do you have left to do? What year of undergrad are you in? I'm 3rd year, and have interviews at these two schools late in January/early in February...hopefully I've got enough courses done!! I suppose I'll have my December transcripts by then.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im taking Human Physiology, English, and Microbiology this semester. Im also doing a psych major so I think the problem is I didnt have that many science courses to show on my transcript...so they want to see the pre-req marks. But I got into NOVA so Im not too worried anymore...even though I still want to do well on my midterms. I would probably go to PCO over NOVA..but maybe not ICO..thats IF i get interviews there after the second review.

I was put on hold at ICO as well. THey said they want to see my fall transcript, my GPA is low as it is. I have 4 other interviews and an acceptance at Western so I've kind of just put ICO behind me at this point.

I'm on hold at ICO, PCO, and SUNY. All 3 schools told me the only thing holding me back right now is my OAT score so I'm re-taking that in Jan.

I've now been post-interview put on "hold" at SCO. I'm not surprised by this because he told me they had a lot of outstanding deposits waiting to hear on decisions in the next couple weeks to see how many spots they really have left. It just said a decision has not been made and could be made whenever, so we'll see what happens.

The optometry schools will send you a letter if you are on hold, correct? I know I have to complete a microbiology course for PCO's prerequisites, but I have already graduated undergraduate college. Since I have not received an invitation for an interview, nor a rejection letter, does that mean I am on hold?

Yes I think it does. I applied to PCO back in September..and still havent heard ANYTHING other than a letter saying that they got my application materials and what was missing from it. Then, after everything was in, I called them and asked what the status of my application was and the lady on the phone just said that they are waiting for my fall grades. I was so frustrated because months had gone by and they didnt even sent a letter stating that I was on hold for fall grades, to at least keep me updated. So I asked her will I be receiving something official stating this? and she said that it was basically "known" that if you dont hear anything you should continuously update with new materials..I found this very annoying...because no I did not know I was supposed to update them.

I am still on hold for SUNY. I hope they'll notifiy me soon, ahhhhh so frustrated!

I have a question. I am on hold for fall grades with PCO and ICO and alot of them are pre-reqs. I got straight A's this semester, and so a 4.0 gpa. What are my chances of getting an interview now after being on hold for these grades? Has anyone else had an experience like this and got the good grades and then didnt get an interview still?

So I've now been put on "hold" at SUNY as well, post-interview, in addition to SCO. Has anyone here been accepted after being on hold from any school?

So I've now been put on "hold" at SUNY as well, post-interview, in addition to SCO. Has anyone here been accepted after being on hold from any school?

I know SCO and OSU were waiting for my semester grades to come through so I guess I was on a "hold" status. 4 days after I gave Ohio State my biochemistry and anatomy grades I got a call letting me know I was accepted. SCO said they will be meeting at the beginning of january to look over people's files. Fear not everyone. Decisions are going to be starting to happen.