On Hold at SUNY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BelugaWhale

Reaction score
Hello all! I got put on hold at SUNY a month ago and possibly won't be hearing back until late April. I am wondering if there are any other applicants that are also put on hold. Are my chances of being accepted lower than compared to that of being waitlisted?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
hi hi~~ my application was also placed on hold for suny since the end of March. I already heard back from the other schools i applied to which were Salus and MCPHS (both acceptances yayy!!). But if you have other schools you got into I'd recommend paying for the seat deposit just in case SUNY doesn't accept you. There is still hope so please keep a good conscience. They'll be looking through applications again about this week since they said they look at all applications again at the end of April. Then they'll pick the top 30% to be placed on wait list from that "hold on" pile. The rest will be rejected :/ So at this moment in time all their seats have been given to other students so we have to wait until one of them gives it up for other schools like Berkeley and waterloo which gives out answers in May.

waterloo has already given out their answers! I was removed from the class of 2027 for SUNY as were many others so the waitlist should move soon

Members don't see this ad :)
That's a relief, Thank you so much!! and good luck with school and your optometry journey!!

HI HI sorry for the late update but i got into SUNY YAYYYY they called me saying I was accepted on May 5th! i just finished my first day and i loved every second of it!!! I hope those who are reading this in the future will keep their hopes high and never give up on their dream

Reactions: 1 users