• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!

UCFpremed

Tooth Shucker
10+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
You can measure interocclusal distance by using vinyl-polysiloxane and an Iwanson gauge. I wouldn't buy this personally because it's another instrument to add to my overfilled tacklebox.

dmd2011

Random Hero
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2006
Philadelphia, PA
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
http://dmdstudent.myshopify.com/col...lexible-clearance-guide-by-bella-de-st-claire

Just wondering if it is worth getting before I start D2 and our crown preps in the preclinic???

I go to Temple and we get those things in our kit but I have never used it. I agree with UCF, a VPS matrix or measuring your provisionals with an Iwanson gauge is the better way to go. These methods give you more information about your prep than the occlusal clearance guide anyways. VPS can be pricey though.

ou_jay

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2005
Oklahoma
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
I've used the guides, and they work fine. VPS and Iwanson works, but once you guys graduate and have to pay for that VPS, you may change your technique.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.