Any one going to ASHA this year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cmc271

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone on the board besides myself will be at ASHA this year? I'm the alternate regional councilor for Region 8 so I'll be working the NSSLHA booth at some point.

Members don't see this ad.

Not me, unfortunately. I will most likely attend the next conference in San Diego in 2011.

Not me, unfortunately. I will most likely attend the next conference in San Diego in 2011.

Totally understandable That one will pretty much be in your backyard

Members don't see this ad :)
...next conference in San Diego in 2011.

well i stopped going to ASHA conventions, but since i missed the last AAA conventions in San Diego, I just might have to go to this one :smuggrin:

was gonna go, but then remembered again how much it sucked in boston :*(

For anyone interested:

http://www.asha.org/events/convention/

November 18–20, 2010
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

-----------------------------------------

From your experiences, do you guys feel that the conference is more geared towards speech?

Yes I do, however I have found that despite the fact there is a smaller proportion of audiology geared topics, I am still able to find interesting sessions to attend. As an undergrad, the grad school fair was also very useful for getting to meet faculty at the universities I wanted to apply to.

As an undergrad, the grad school fair was also very useful for getting to meet faculty at the universities I wanted to apply to.

Ditto, and in 07 I got to see the JCIH present an update to their position statement. I still think it's geared towards speech, which I don't blame them since they outnumber us like gazillion to 1.