Tekbright510

10+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
It really, really helps to get some exercise. It does not have to be hours at a gym. A 30 minute run every day can do wonders for your mood, motivation and attitude.

About the Ads

Yope

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2006
Status
Medical Student
It helps to get exercise, but not at the expense of studying.

Alvarez13

PGEEE2 mediates FEEEVER
10+ Year Member
May 29, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
I work 50+ hrs a week as an engineer, am taking classes at night, studying for the MCATs and still hit the gym 5 days a week. I don't function if I'm not physically active in some way. Check out this program: http://ast-ss.com/maxot.php. It encourages you to keep your workouts short, below 45 min and I've had better results on this than anything else I've tried.

At any rate, try to work out a schedule. Put some effort into eating right and getting some exercise. You'll feel so much better when it comes to hitting the books. Med school won't be any easier, so it's a great idea to try and develop good habits now.

Also, imagine being a bodybuilding doctor...you could have any girl you wanted :D

Yope

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Body building doctor? Reconstructive surgeon.

DMSbound

10+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
Yep. I'm a rower, so I hit the gym and run/erg/do weights every morning. Then I go home, study all day, and then go to Bikram yoga at night. Good stress relief.

ziggyd0c

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2009
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
yep, i started a weightlifting program (the new rules of lifting for women) a couple months before i started studying so that i could have a consistent workout schedule through the study period. nothing relieves stress better!!

scaredoflife

Eaaagglleee
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2007
Status
Medical Student
Man yeah I workout or recently have started weightlifting in the last three weeks. It is good for health and keeping yourself fit and not lazy.

cyclin M

megaman
10+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2008
Bunker
Status
Pre-Medical
Currently I am a 400 pound obese giant and I still work out hardcore everyday. Trying to get that six pack you know.

Just kidding, but exercise makes me feel more motivated afterwards about everything.

engineeredout

10+ Year Member
May 11, 2008
Pennsylvania
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
No reason why you shouldn't be able to find time to work out while studying MCAT.

10+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
A good workout shouldn't take longer than 45 minutes...and everyone has time for that. Get up at 5am if its the only time you can get in there, its what I had to do for awhile! Workout efficiently if you are short on time..if you have some extra time theres no harm in socializing at the gym as well to clear your head.

About the Ads