Quantcast

Any OOS Interviewers at WVU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tictaq

Never Follow
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am interviewing at WVU soon and I will need to fly down. The Morgantown airport seems to be very small as the ticket prices are very high (~900 dollars) and there are very few flights (I couldn't even find any evening flights out of there)

My question is that is there a nearby airport which I could land at and rent a car or get a taxi to get to WVU?

Thanks in advance

kyley3k

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think alot of people flew to PittsburgH... I drove, and it was about 60 miles from there. Maybe you should think about renting a car.

K

kmpedro

I will ditto this response. Fly into Pitt and rent a car, it really is not a bad drive at all.:thumbup:

GujuMD

1K member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I flew to Pittsburgh...The ariplane ticket is much cheaper and you can rent a car....also when is your interview?

PandP

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey--same as everyone else. Fly into Pittsburgh.

Anyway, yeah Morgantown is 60 miles south of Pittsburgh airport, but your driving distance will be about 70-80 miles and take you probably 1.5 hours depending on the time of day and construction (check the PennDOT website to make sure because I-79 has a bunch of construction going on, although I think they are mainly done with the sections you'll need). I drove down at 7:30 AM the morning of my interview (since WVU interviews start so late) and I still got there way early. If you don't care to check out the city of Morgantown (it's a charming place) too much, you can save money on hotels and fly into Pittsburgh in the early morning and leave that evening. They ask at the beginning of the interview who needs to be back to Pittsburgh for an evening flight, and then they arrange the afternoon interviews accordingly. I was the second to last interview and still was done and out of Morgantown by about 2:30 PM.

Also, it's really easy to drive from the Pittsburgh airport to Morgantown. Just exit the airport, take RT 60 S, then take 22-30 E, then I-79 S and then follow the directions on your interview info to WVU from the North. And it's a beautiful drive!

Good luck on your interview!

kyley3k

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey--same as everyone else. Fly into Pittsburgh. But honestly, for those of you who cannot spell Pittsburgh, please learn how (especially those who interviewed/have interviews there).

Anyway, yeah Morgantown is 60 miles south of Pittsburgh airport, but your driving distance will be about 70-80 miles and take you probably 1.5 hours depending on the time of day and construction (check the PennDOT website to make sure because I-79 has a bunch of construction going on, although I think they are mainly done with the sections you'll need). I drove down at 7:30 AM the morning of my interview (since WVU interviews start so late) and I still got there way early. If you don't care to check out the city of Morgantown (it's a charming place) too much, you can save money on hotels and fly into Pittsburgh in the early morning and leave that evening. They ask at the beginning of the interview who needs to be back to Pittsburgh for an evening flight, and then they arrange the afternoon interviews accordingly. I was the second to last interview and still was done and out of Morgantown by about 2:30 PM.

Also, it's really easy to drive from the Pittsburgh airport to Morgantown. Just exit the airport, take RT 60 S, then take 22-30 E, then I-79 S and then follow the directions on your interview info to WVU from the North. And it's a beautiful drive!

Good luck on your interview!

Actually, I didn't interview there. And its just SDN, not the AMCAS... spell check not required.

tictaq

Never Follow
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
thanks for the help guys
Looks like I will be flying to Pittsburgh!