Any opinion of CPS?

Started by npage148
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

npage148

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have any opinions of CPS (comprehensive pharmacy services). It's a rx mgmt company that runs a bunch of institutional pharmacies in my neck of he woods. They frequently have jobs posted and the benefits are pretty generous sounding.
 
My friend worked with them for a few years. I think it was okay until the hospital shut down.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have any opinions of CPS (comprehensive pharmacy services). It's a rx mgmt company that runs a bunch of institutional pharmacies in my neck of he woods. They frequently have jobs posted and the benefits are pretty generous sounding.
I worked for them for over a year. My experience was great, but that may have been related to regional leadership. If you're looking at New England, I'd 100% recommend them. If you're looking elsewhere, I'd 100% recommend interviewing to get a feel for the local team.
 
I can't comment on them, but I used to work PSI - a similar company, and enjoyed it - it is great for someone looking to get mgmt experience.
 
I did a rotation earlier this year at a CPS run pharmacy. Everyone seemed satisfied and happy for the most part, all of the staff/order entry pharmacists were somewhat involved in clinical duties. Another small group of pharmacists were dedicated to clinical work- rounding, therapeutic drug monitoring, working outpatient clinics, etc. As others have said it may very well depend on the regional or institutional leadership. Can't speak to benefits or salary. I would have applied for work there if I did not have something lined up already, but there definitely are frequent job postings which are often in good areas!
 
I did an APPE at a 120 bed facility that was managed by CPS. Staff seemed to be pretty happy, as far as I can recall it was a pretty smooth rotation.