Any opinions on UCSF?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JulianCrane

The Power of Intention
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hi, does anyone know about the department at UCSF? Anyone ever do an elective there?

tiredmom

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
No personal experience - it's got a reputation for being one of the best programs in the country, although also very hardcore (rumor only).

BoraBora

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have a friend who is a med student at UCSF. Said the residents worked super hard but of course come out well-trained. This is probably cuz of their county or public hospital, which I heard was very disorganized. Didn't apply there, but have a friend who really wants to go there. They are very strong on family planning and international health. I guess the other reason she likes it is because they are a very gay friendly program (confirmed by med. student friend that majority of residents are lesbians). I would do an elective there if you're not a CA resident and if you interview there or other Cali schools, you should have a lot of good reasons why you want to be in Cali.