Any Other DrPH Applicants for 2020-2021?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Optimistic81

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else apply to DrPH programs for the Fall of 2021? If so, where'd you apply? I applied to: JHU, BU, Rutgers, and UT - Houston. Best of luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! Im applying for the DrPH in Community Health Practice at UT Houston. Just waiting to hear back now since I've had my interview back on the 10th so fingers crossed. Which program are you applying for?

Hi! I also applied to the DrPH in Community Health Practice at UT Houston. When did you submit your application, and how long before you were offered an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I also applied to the DrPH in Community Health Practice at UT Houston. When did you submit your application, and how long before you were offered an interview?
Hey! I submitted my app 10/15 and had my interview invite 12/8 and interview on 12/10. The email stated they will interview all applicants before making an admissions decision. It was like 20-30 to learn about you, research interests, and etc really laid back. Then have 1 hour to do a 500-750 word essay about your research and populations you wish to serve unless they do different for everyone.

Very cool. I submitted my application right on the priority deadline (12/01). I hope everything works out for you with UT-Houston. Did you apply to any other DrPH programs?

Very cool. I submitted my application right on the priority deadline (12/01). I hope everything works out for you with UT-Houston. Did you apply to any other DrPH programs?
Nope just that one :confused:. I really dont want to relocate too far and I like their program

Hi Folks,

I am another UT Health candidate and currently taking courses in public health before embarking on a doctoral degree. I actually debated quite a bit between a DrPH and a PhD. I went the PhD route and applied for it since its one less credits, I am more research focused and passionate about it. Besides that, I have the management and leadership competencies through an MBA and also the experience. Just lacking the public health knowledge for the most part. I am going with the Behavioral and Health Promotion track with minor in Epi (Dallas campus).

Have you heard from UT Health at all? I got an acknowledgement when I applied in December.

Z.

I applied to the DrPH program at John Hopkins. My application is still under review & I have not heard back from them yet.

I applied to the DrPH program at John Hopkins. My application is still under review & I have not heard back from them yet.

Which one did you apply for? I applied for the "Health Equity and Social Justice" track. I am waiting as well. From the last years posts, it looks like decision are sent in March.

Which one did you apply for? I applied for the "Health Equity and Social Justice" track. I am waiting as well. From the last years posts, it looks like decision are sent in March.
I applied to DrPH implementation science concentration. Yeas, from what I am hearing it seems that we will be hearing in March. I have no idea if there is any interview to expect!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi Folks,

I am another UT Health candidate and currently taking courses in public health before embarking on a doctoral degree. I actually debated quite a bit between a DrPH and a PhD. I went the PhD route and applied for it since its one less credits, I am more research focused and passionate about it. Besides that, I have the management and leadership competencies through an MBA and also the experience. Just lacking the public health knowledge for the most part. I am going with the Behavioral and Health Promotion track with minor in Epi (Dallas campus).

Have you heard from UT Health at all? I got an acknowledgement when I applied in December.

Z.
I got into the DrPH program last Wednesday if that helps. Im doing Community Health Practice in Houston.

Reactions: 1 user