Any other entrepreneurs out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drdre4

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
a

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Dre, your beats headphones blow. But I'd put my name on a toilet for $175000000.

Do you think that there is a niche left in the board review market?
I've got an idea that's bound to take off: Super Student white coats:
--they made of antimicrobial gore-tek material that wicks moisture, is form fitting, has large expandable pockets, comes with a live electrode to discourage sleep, has a built in diaper with 1000cc capacity, and not only resists stains, but it deflects pimp questions and scut work.
I'd pay 250 for those

Dre, your beats headphones blow. But I'd put my name on a toilet for $175000000.

Do you think that there is a niche left in the board review market?
I've got an idea that's bound to take off: Super Student white coats:
--they made of antimicrobial gore-tek material that wicks moisture, is form fitting, has large expandable pockets, comes with a live electrode to discourage sleep, has a built in diaper with 1000cc capacity, and not only resists stains, but it deflects pimp questions and scut work.
I'd pay 250 for those

The headphones do suck. Bose ftw

Members don't see this ad :)
the first rule of business is your product doesn't matter, its all about the marketing. trust dre, i know. =) just kidding.. sorta.

I do believe there is a niche, more so in the DO world because uworld would be too much to compete with. I have done both combank and comquest and there is tons of room for improvement. Also, the OMM specific apps that are available are mediocre at best.

lemme know when you get your white coats done ill definitely be ordering one!

The test prep industry can actually cause some serious problems. Look at the bottom of the NBOME's page 1 / top of page 2 of their BOI, notably where it says: will not contribute to or participate in any manner whatsoever, directly or indirectly, in any commercial test preparation service or enterprise for a period of at least eighteen (18) months following the date any NBOME examination was administered to the candidate.
Below that it goes on to say scores may be voided. I have actually heard of at least one student getting in trouble after authoring questions for combank in the past. http://www.nbome.org/docs/comlexBOI.pdf
If the candidate breaches or violates any of his or her obligations described in the Bulletin of Information, including but not limited to the candidate's confidentiality obligations, such breach or violation is considered irregular conduct and may result in the non-scoring or voiding of the candidate's examination and assignment of a "Fail" score and/or other sanctions which the NBOME may impose in its sole discretion, in addition to all other remedies available to the NBOME

I'm absolutely getting into business once I'm done with residency, but board prep is not my thing. Looking towards pharm or med equipment field possibly. Another option would be to pursue a JD or MBA in health from a top tier program. All ideas for the future.

Hey,

I'm a recent Pharm.D. graduate looking for a partnership with a prescriber interested in hormone replacement therapy (Men and Women) in the Denver/ Boulder area. Super underutilized, helpful, and profitable.

Let me know

I think up business ideas alllll the time..mostly app and website ideas. I tried pursuing a couple but I had too much other stuff going on. Usually in starting a business, if you don't commit 110% of your effort, you probably won't be successful. I would still love to do something though.

Had a buddy get some IM and ER docs together...started an urgent care, now operate several, great business if done properly like they do.