You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
any other good chicago PMR programs besides RIC
Started by AndyDufrane
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
http://www.scutwork.com/cgi-bin/lin...ehabilitation/EastNorthCentral/index.html&d=1
specific to the region, look around for Chicago programs
specific to the region, look around for Chicago programs
I've heard good things about Schwab in general. Michelle Gitler, the program director, is certainly one of the cooler people in PM+R and has a great reputation as a resident advocate. My impression is that Schwab is one of the better mid-size programs.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is a great question which has been approached before. Check out the following link for some info on a few of the programs in Chicago. I'm a PGY3 from Loyola and love the program! Feel free to ask questions after you check out the following posting.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=271311
Good luck in your quest!
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=271311
Good luck in your quest!
I'm at Weiss Memorial in Chicago doing a transitional year. It's great. The only thing I do not like are paper charts but I've grown accustomed to them. Night float system, i.e. we do 2, 2week overnight rotations. As a result, we do overnight call only once a month except for our ICU rotation where we are q4 overnight for a month. Great environment...
I have to answer a page. In short, it's great for transitional. You learn medicine, you'll get very laid back electives 🙂 to balance the medicine months, and all the residents are really cool/nice...
I have to answer a page. In short, it's great for transitional. You learn medicine, you'll get very laid back electives 🙂 to balance the medicine months, and all the residents are really cool/nice...
This is a great question which has been approached before. Check out the following link for some info on a few of the programs in Chicago. I'm a PGY3 from Loyola and love the program! Feel free to ask questions after you check out the following posting.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=271311
Good luck in your quest!
Kelvination... nice to see you around the forum!
I've been hearing good things about you from med students and from your department chair! Are you going to Hawaii?
Hey,
No, unfortunately won't be going to Hawaii but if things work out will be going to Puerto Rico for AAP. You going? Hard to believe it's been 2 years since meeting you during interviews. Sounds like you've being doing well for yourself. I, as well, have heard great things about you from med students during interviews . . . not that I'm surprised. Feel free to message me . . I'm not quite sure how do to it myself.
Kelvination
No, unfortunately won't be going to Hawaii but if things work out will be going to Puerto Rico for AAP. You going? Hard to believe it's been 2 years since meeting you during interviews. Sounds like you've being doing well for yourself. I, as well, have heard great things about you from med students during interviews . . . not that I'm surprised. Feel free to message me . . I'm not quite sure how do to it myself.
Kelvination
Hi sonso, question for you, any other decent nonmalig prelim med or transitional programs in the Chicago area?thanks
Hi sonso, question for you, any other decent nonmalig prelim med or transitional programs in the Chicago area?thanks
To be honest, all of the transitional programs in Chicago are regarded as non-malignant, at least from what I hear. Likewise, they are considered easier programs. Off hand they include:
Weiss
St Francis
MacNeal
Evanston
West Suburban
Ressurection
All of these programs are competative. I do not know as much about the medicine prelim programs (except that many if not all of these programs offer prelim medicine too. Of note, that in some cases the difference between the two may only be one medicine month vs an additional elective {makes a HUGE difference as elective months are usually "relative vacations"}).
Double check on Freida
Quick question about Marianjoy: Anyone out there that LOVES it? Seems nice, and Wheaton looks like a great city, but expensive according to city-data.com and other sites. Is it possible to live there, three bedroom apt, good family life, etc? Any input is appreciated. Thanks
Quick question about Marianjoy: Anyone out there that LOVES it? Seems nice, and Wheaton looks like a great city, but expensive according to city-data.com and other sites. Is it possible to live there, three bedroom apt, good family life, etc? Any input is appreciated. Thanks
You'd probably have to get their email online and email them directly. I interviewed there and they seemed happy enough but it's hard to really tell...
I liked the PD though...
I did my internship at St. Francis and really liked it. Nice location, very nice staff, nurses. Inpatients are varied but many older eastern europeans...ER patients your usual mix. Free lunches, good food. Call rooms are just fine. free parking. The IM residents there are mostly FMG and very very smart as a group, and can provide the interns with some very good teaching. The attendings are all benign and teach to varying degrees.
I really liked the internship at St. Francis and highly recommend it. It was a laid back year and I feel like I was not scutted to death. I learned what I needed and the food was free and quite good. People very nice all around.
I really liked the internship at St. Francis and highly recommend it. It was a laid back year and I feel like I was not scutted to death. I learned what I needed and the food was free and quite good. People very nice all around.
I did my internship at St. Francis and really liked it. Nice location, very nice staff, nurses. Inpatients are varied but many older eastern europeans...ER patients your usual mix. Free lunches, good food. Call rooms are just fine. free parking. The IM residents there are mostly FMG and very very smart as a group, and can provide the interns with some very good teaching. The attendings are all benign and teach to varying degrees.
I really liked the internship at St. Francis and highly recommend it. It was a laid back year and I feel like I was not scutted to death. I learned what I needed and the food was free and quite good. People very nice all around.
I really liked the internship at St. Francis and highly recommend it. It was a laid back year and I feel like I was not scutted to death. I learned what I needed and the food was free and quite good. People very nice all around.
I did my internship at St. Francis and really liked it. Nice location, very nice staff, nurses. Inpatients are varied but many older eastern europeans...ER patients your usual mix. Free lunches, good food. Call rooms are just fine. free parking. The IM residents there are mostly FMG and very very smart as a group, and can provide the interns with some very good teaching. The attendings are all benign and teach to varying degrees.
I really liked the internship at St. Francis and highly recommend it. It was a laid back year and I feel like I was not scutted to death. I learned what I needed and the food was free and quite good. People very nice all around.
...and you gave yourself away! Where's the challenge in that?
Anyway, it was really nice working with all of you last month. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed until March!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K