Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Any particular days best for interviews?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by avgn, Aug 3, 2015.

1. avgn

avgn Lv 30, HP 85
    2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    Hi all,

I work a fairly time-intensive and team-oriented job. My team and boss are asking me to try to attend as many interviews as I can on certain days of the week that I would pick now. For example, maybe I would do M/F as potential days so they know not to schedule stuff then.

Are there any days that have stood out to you as being popular or really easy to pick? I know every school is different and some can accommodate but any idea as to a kind of pattern or anything? I have to be at work every Th until January, that's for sure. I'm thinking of telling them M/F so I can spend the weekend in the town/city to get a feel for the school environment.

Does this make sense or should I just tell them "hey tough luck, it's completely unpredictable." I'm applying to mostly top private schools in the NE

2. WedgeDawg

WedgeDawg not actually a dog
    Moderator Verified Expert 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Monday and Friday were the hardest for me to pick unfortunately, and you know that we applied to similar schools.

I remember Tuesday and Wednesday being the easiest to pick, but I'm less sure of this than the fact that M/F were hard.

3. phuynh94

5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    For me, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays were most common...especially Tues/Thurs.

4. WonderGrill

WonderGrill Membership Revoked
    Removed

cant predict something like that lol

5. avgn

avgn Lv 30, HP 85
    2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    Yes, thank you for the enlightenment. I was looking for anecdotes about any patterns people noticed, especially among the schools I am applying to, which are fairly specific and narrow.

WedgeDawg likes this.
  6. futuremdforme

5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    I managed to have all of my US interviews on Mondays. Even one school that sent me the time/date was able to reschedule for me, and this was late in the year (and I was accepted). I would tell the manager that if you have a choice, you'll choose Monday/Friday, but that you may not be able to choose.

avgn likes this.
  7. avgn

avgn Lv 30, HP 85
    2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    Thanks! Were you able to reschedule for a date pretty close to your initial offer? I'm going to run my butt to an early interview over a later one even if it means I can't reschedule it at all.

8. Temporary Superman

Medical Student
    I think one of mine is on a Friday and the other one is on a Monday. But I don't have classes M or F and my research gig is pretty understanding of interviews so...

9. panda16

2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    Thus far I have one Thursday and one Friday....some other schools say they do stuff on Mondays and Tuesday's. And then of course INdiana does them on Wednedays.

10. futuremdforme

5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Yeah, it was within a week. They moved it from a Tuesday afternoon (which would have meant 3 days off work) to a Monday morning, which meant 1 day off work.

avgn likes this.
  11. avgn

avgn Lv 30, HP 85
    2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    That's a good suggestion.

UGH, I really don't want to call every single school. I wanted to make it through this cycle by contacting admissions as little as possible ;) Plus, some schools don't even have a number/direct you straight to voicemail. Dumb

12. Banco

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    It is hard to say. Some schools invite you to interviews and then give you a full range of days to pick from (like a 2 week span M-F) - there it will be easy to choose (NYU). Some schools give you an option of a few specific days to select from (Cornell); but you can always contact them to see if they can accommodate.

Don't contact schools until you get interviews.

avgn likes this.