Any parts of pathology that you dislike?

• Thread starter Deleted member 17408
  • Start date
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

Deleted member 17408

Hi,

Just wondering, what aspects of pathology do you guys dislike the most? By this I mean do you dislike autopsy or clinical pathology (certain parts of it) or does anyone dislike microscopy? Perhaps, there is no aspect of pathology you dislike. I would be very happy if Great pumpkin, Mindy and any of the other forumites here could respond.

Thanks in advance for replies.

Members don't see this ad.

Not much I dislike, but some areas I like more than others. I certainly like surg path better than any clinical path rotation. This is pretty typical of residents. I think forensics is cool, but many folks don't.

I don't really like teaching med students hehe. Mainly because most just want you to tell them the answers and be quick so they can leave. And, it messes up my work day. In private practice I will not have to worry with that problem.

Clinical path call kind of sucks too. Getting a phone call at 2am to approve or reject a mislabled sample is not my idea of fun. But, it beats staying in the hospital all night awake hehe.