any pccm do their own right heart caths?

Started by Espressso
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Espressso

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Especially intrigued if you're a community pccm doc. Would love to hear about your experiences incorporating that into your practice?
 
Especially intrigued if you're a community pccm doc. Would love to hear about your experiences incorporating that into your practice?
It could be done if you were in to that depending on the situation. You have to realize cardiology owns this and they are going to have to be on board so you need to have a good relationship with them. That being said everyone hates PH and RHC (probably because they bill for ****) so I dont think youll have to fight too many people to get it.

I do think if youre going to any serious PH you should be doing these.
 
It could be done if you were in to that depending on the situation. You have to realize cardiology owns this and they are going to have to be on board so you need to have a good relationship with them. That being said everyone hates PH and RHC (probably because they bill for ****) so I dont think youll have to fight too many people to get it.

I do think if youre going to any serious PH you should be doing these.

Thanks. They bill for **** compared to critical care time i'm assuming you are saying? The group I'm looking at, the hospital cardiology group is more of an left heart dominant group, so it's always kind of asking for a big favor if you want a swan or a in/out rhc. my idea would be that I can decide if I want to do one and if so, i can decide to take them to the cath lab. The population has a ton of undiagnosed PH and my thought is to be able to better diagnose and send appropriate patients to the nearest PH center if necessary. All of this to say I enjoy PH and hemodynamics and would love to be able to have it in my back pocket if needed.
 
Thanks. They bill for **** compared to critical care time i'm assuming you are saying? The group I'm looking at, the hospital cardiology group is more of an left heart dominant group, so it's always kind of asking for a big favor if you want a swan or a in/out rhc. my idea would be that I can decide if I want to do one and if so, i can decide to take them to the cath lab. The population has a ton of undiagnosed PH and my thought is to be able to better diagnose and send appropriate patients to the nearest PH center if necessary. All of this to say I enjoy PH and hemodynamics and would love to be able to have it in my back pocket if needed.
Yea the cathologists would much rather spend their time on the left heart than the right with its lonely single CPT code.

I think if you are the one managing this bastardized condition characterized by super sick people with terrible insurance this should be your price. It is very likely the cardiologists will gladly offload this population to you.