Texts for starting PCCM fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Espressso

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any textbooks you would recommend having on hand for studying as a new PCCM grad? Inspired by recently reading Felsons Chest Radiology book and being thoroughly impressed. I want to make sure I don't miss any other good textbooks in the field. I have the little ICU book and also the ventilator book both of which have helped me a lot already.

TIA

Members don't see this ad.

I think Martin Tobin published a few books on ventilators that are considered the benchmark for ventilator physiology

Reactions: 1 user
Our fellows are encouraged to read Murray and Nadel's Textbook of Respiratory Medicine

Members don't see this ad :)
not that this is specific to PCCM, but since becoming an attending I have learned so much listening to the lectures on Vumedi. It's like grand rounds on a phone from all over the country from the academic experts from all over the country.
I have become much more comfortable managing ILD, PAH, PH-ILD, CTEPH (amongst other topics) since watching and learning these lectures.
just a thought.

Former APD at a big program told me "Text books are ok, but use more for reference. Read the ATS reading list" and then she also gave me a big list of topics to review and understand.

Former APD at a big program told me "Text books are ok, but use more for reference. Read the ATS reading list" and then she also gave me a big list of topics to review and understand.
thanks a lot. Did not know about this until today.