Any pharmacist did LASIK surgery?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UGAZ

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My eyes seem stable now with -4.5 both eyes for the past 4 years. I am thinking of lasik but chicken out with pain and side effect. Anyone here did lasik ?please input. Is it worth it ? I am gonna be 40 in 2 years...so not sure if worth it or have many years ahead to be worth it.

Members don't see this ad.

My rxm had it last year and when i asked him if he recomend it, he said yes. He was 36 years old.

Members don't see this ad :)
My eyes seem stable now with -4.5 both eyes for the past 4 years. I am thinking of lasik but chicken out with pain and side effect. Anyone here did lasik ?please input. Is it worth it ? I am gonna be 40 in 2 years...so not sure if worth it or have many years ahead to be worth it.
I had it done 10 years ago and have been happy with my results. After the 1st 6 months or so I didn't feel like I needed anything for dry eyes.

I'm starting to get a little farsighted now which is normal. At least I won't need bifocals.

I went to a reputable provider in my area with a great deal of experience. They were a little more expensive but it was worth it. No issues.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

I did ICL 4 years ago. Haven’t looked back. I was -8, -8.5

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
I know 4 people had done it. They said it was the best investment they could make to themselves.

Mine -0.75, I don't need it yet... idk if I need it later, until I am in my 45+ then deal with farsightedness problem.

Very happy with my Lasik, had it 5 years ago at 28yo.

Not having to bring glasses or contacts when we go camping, skiing, kayaking, swimming, etc is worth it.

My wife did it 3 years ago. She’s happy.

I went for a consult but was told that I would probably still have to wear glasses after surgery. It didn’t seem worthwhile to me to pay that much just for for thinner glasses.

Reactions: 1 users
Did you have to do ICL since you didn't qualify for LASIK? My eyes are -8 right, -8.5 left. My vision hasn't stabilized yet so I still have to wait.

I was told that my corneas were thick enough for LASIK (usually a concern once your eyes are that bad), but that I would likely have better results with the ICL.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I did lasik in 2005 and my eyes are fine now but it may have messed with the way I feel. I am a male and used to be very emotional but now I rarely feel any emotions.

I did on CVS dime. I quit my job and got a better job a month later early in the year.

I got lasik during my P3 year. Best decision ever. There is little to no pain. Just dont go for some budget doctor offering deals that seem too good to be true.

Best decision I have made.. It was to the point I was almost blind without glasses

I am 37. Advisor recommended to do blended vision to fix one eye completely 20/20 and the other to be +0.5 so that I can read close when I am aging toward 40+ and presbyopia occurs. But I am also thinking to completely do 20/20 on both eyes.. . And deal with the reading part later. Decisions.... Decision..

I live in AZ and also had LASIK done 10 years ago. I have never looked back. My only issue is that my astigmatism didn't get corrected completely so my vision far away has slowly gotten worse over the 10 years. Only correction for that is wearing glasses when I drive. LASIK wasn't a guarantee that would correct one so bad as mine.