Any pharmacist owning a gun here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moissanite69

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering...:D

Members don't see this ad.

I own this....

Benelli_m4_2.jpg

and...

lg_hk45.jpg

I do not carry at work or pretty much anywhere.

More of a hobby than anything else.

I own one of these:

31953d1273982787-1942-model-94-winchester-30-30-winchester-model-94-30.30-lever-action-rifle-010.jpg

I only took it to work once. When I worked for an independent, I got a call from the alarm company that the store was broken into and the police were on site. I put the gun in the trunk and the German Shepard in the back seat, I went and the cops went through the building. The lock was destroyed. I asked the cops to stay until the the locksmith arrived and they said no. I let the dog out and opened the truck. When the cops saw the rifle, they decided to stay. There is no way I was staying in store with no alarm and an open door at 3AM.....

Members don't see this ad :)
I own one of these:

I only took it to work once. When I worked for an independent, I got a call from the alarm company that the store was broken into and the police were on site. I put the gun in the trunk and the German Shepard in the back seat, I went and the cops went through the building. The lock was destroyed. I asked the cops to stay until the the locksmith arrived and they said no. I let the dog out and opened the truck. When the cops saw the rifle, they decided to stay. There is no way I was staying in store with no alarm and an open door at 3AM.....

Is that a pre-1964? Love the old Winchesters, or any old gun for that matter.

I would list all the guns I have but I would not want anyone to think I am one of those militia kooks. :D But lets just say that I have enough to hunt / shoot anything I could ever want to. Matter of fact, I am working on a new custom .375 right now...

Is that a pre-1964? Love the old Winchesters, or any old gun for that matter.

Yes, probably from the 50's. I probably would not own one, but I married into them My wife's dad was an NRA target shooting champion and my wife can make designs on a target from 25 yards with a 22. The 30/30 is all we have left. I clean it and fire it every couple of years and keep it in the bedroom closet in case someone were to get past the dog.

I take it to the rifle range, load up the magazine and empty it into the target from about 10-15 feet, about the range of the average hallway. If someone gets in my house and threatens my family they are getting all 10 rounds right in the mid section. You would be amazed how fast that handle action can work....

Yes, probably from the 50's. I probably would not own one, but I married into them My wife's dad was an NRA target shooting champion and my wife can make designs on a target from 25 yards with a 22. The 30/30 is all we have left. I clean it and fire it every couple of years and keep it in the bedroom closet in case someone were to get past the dog.

I take it to the rifle range, load up the magazine and empty it into the target from about 10-15 feet, about the range of the average hallway. If someone gets in my house and threatens my family they are getting all 10 rounds right in the mid section. You would be amazed how fast that handle action can work....

Oh... I know how fast a lever works. I have 3 levers: .30/30, .35rem and a .357mag.

One suggestion though, I dont think I would use a 30/30 for home defense. The ballistics make it very possible that a round could leave your house and go into a neighbors house before stopping. I would suggest either depending on a handgun with frangible rounds or a shotgun with buck shot. Both of those would put an intruder in a world of hurt but would hardly make it through even an interior wall in case of a miss.

Just a thought... Helluva a nice gun though. Want to sell it? :D

Oh... I know how fast a lever works. I have 3 levers: .30/30, .35rem and a .357mag.

One suggestion though, I dont think I would use a 30/30 for home defense. The ballistics make it very possible that a round could leave your house and go into a neighbors house before stopping. I would suggest either depending on a handgun with frangible rounds or a shotgun with buck shot. Both of those would put an intruder in a world of hurt but would hardly make it through even an interior wall in case of a miss.

Just a thought... Helluva a nice gun though. Want to sell it? :D

No, it's a family heirloom. The best gun for home defense is a shotgun with a loud pump, If someone hears you pump that and comes down a hallway, you really can't miss. Also, a 45 is nice, if you hit them in the finger, they are going down....

This is my main home defense:

232323232%7Ffp999%3Enu%3D3242%3E8%3A4%3E479%3EWSNRCG%3D3359%3A2%3B85733%3Anu0mrj

Not many people are interested..... 1 foot of snow doesn't really slow him down...

This is my main home defense:

Not many people are interested..... 1 foot of snow doesn't really slow him down...

I got a couple of those... Never even lock the doors because I usually know if someone is at the edge of the property, much less at the door. :smuggrin:

Ruger LCR .38 special+p
Glock 23 .40S&W
Remington .30-06
CVA .50cal
O/U in 20ga&12ga
Remington 870 express
mossberg model 500 24" fully rifled barrel
marlin .30-30
winchester .30-30
3 .22longs
hoyt katera
michigan state shoot high gun(junior and sub junior)
cpl holder
I value my life and will fight for it, you should too

No, it's a family heirloom. The best gun for home defense is a shotgun with a loud pump, If someone hears you pump that and comes down a hallway, you really can't miss. Also, a 45 is nice, if you hit them in the finger, they are going down....

Definitely have to agree with this also. Sometimes the best defense is psychological... :thumbup:

My CC is a Springfield xD in .45

I was born with a gun attached to my body. I hide it most of the time in my pants though.

Just bought my very first firearm this summer! .22 caliber bolt action rifle with a crappy scope. Fun as hell to target shoot with.

Just bought my very first firearm this summer! .22 caliber bolt action rifle with a crappy scope. Fun as hell to target shoot with.

A good .22 can fill a whole day with fun without very much $$$. I love my .22s :thumbup:

DPMS .223 AR-15

12 gauge shotgun

.22 bolt action rifle (lots of fun, and cheap to shoot!)

Glock 19 9mm

Taurus .38 snub nose revolver (My usual carry weapon)

Taurus .22 snub nose revolver (My wife's gun)

An armed society is a polite society!