Any Pharmacists on the PSLF repayment program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

inquirer89

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Whew been a long time since I last posted, hello again SDN! Seems like a lot has changed since I roamed around here (but the pharmacy world is still ending right?:))

Are there any recent grads and current pharmacists on the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)? I just learned about it and seems like a great deal. I have a few questions and wanted to talk to a pharmacist doing the program and get a candid insight, if I may private message you. I am interested in military and/or reserve and VA pharmacy for my career.

Members don't see this ad.

I am also interested if anyone is currently on PSLF, or has applied for it.
I work for a hospital which is private, non-profit. Wondering if it would count.

Whew been a long time since I last posted, hello again SDN! Seems like a lot has changed since I roamed around here (but the pharmacy world is still ending right?:))

Are there any recent grads and current pharmacists on the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)? I just learned about it and seems like a great deal. I have a few questions and wanted to talk to a pharmacist doing the program and get a candid insight, if I may private message you. I am interested in military and/or reserve and VA pharmacy for my career.

Went to a super drug rep dinner, had one drink too many, feeling AWESOMEEEE! I guess it's time to let out a little insider secrete for the benefit of the forum:

Ever wonder how much your federal preceptor makes or how much you would make if you signed on with VA? Confused by the GS pay scale and location adjustment? Well, you can find out just how much your federal government preceptor makes, aka guesstimate starting salary for a certain GS grade.

http://php.app.com/fed_employees11/search.php

Yeah, government jobs aren't as poorly paid you as might think. :)

edit: VA is under Department of VA

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Went to a super drug rep dinner, had one drink too many, feeling AWESOMEEEE! I guess it's time to let out a little insider secrete for the benefit of the forum:

Ever wonder how much your federal preceptor makes or how much you would make if you signed on with VA? Confused by the GS pay scale and location adjustment? Well, you can find out just how much your federal government preceptor makes, aka guesstimate starting salary for a certain GS grade.

LMAO... if you have to get drunk to reveal the greatest non-secret secret ever... :D

Everyone knows (or if they paid attention in civics class, they know) that public employee salaries are a matter of public record. State and Federal.

LMAO... if you have to get drunk to reveal the greatest non-secret secret ever... :D

Everyone knows (or if they paid attention in civics class, they know) that public employee salaries are a matter of public record. State and Federal.

yeah, but how many knows how to look it up? :) man, we did teqila shots at the restaurants towards the end. Teqila + beer + steak = win! It was awesome! Ok, maybe it wasn't so awesome for my wife who had to drive me home. Hey at least I'm no law breaker!

Wow! I make more than my VA preceptor and she's already making good money!

Wow! I make more than my preceptor and she's already making good money!

Well, remember to compare orange to oranges. If you went retail, you can't exactly compared it to a VA medical center person who works 8 hours a day, 10 government holidays + 13 sick days a year on top of your vacations, cheap benefits and a pension after 20 years. ;)

edit: double post, hope the alcohol wears off soon. Damned aldehyde dehydrogenase deficiency.

Well, remember to compare orange to oranges. If you went retail, you can't exactly compared it to a VA medical center person who works 8 hours a day, 10 government holidays + 13 sick days a year on top of your vacations, cheap benefits and a pension after 20 years. ;)

Nope, not retail. I also have a good schedule but you are right about the benefits. I can't beat the VA benefits.

Hope you weren't driving, lightweight.

There are certain penalties that comes with being Asian. But good thing I married one, she covers my ass! I love her. Did my balls just shrink? Maybe I should get some sleep. Good night. :thumbup:

There are certain penalties that comes with being Asian. But good thing I married one, she covers my ass! I love her. Did my balls just shrink? Maybe I should get some sleep. Good night. :thumbup:

Actually I see this as a benefit. You get faded fast and can't drink anymore. Save money and save your liver.

edit:]VA is under Department of VA

O wow my preceptor I had is making bank

Last edited:

There are pharmacy techs that make over 50k???? Wtf Connecticut! Dropping out of school now.

I work for the VA and I am currently under the IBR payment plan to qualify for loan forgiveness after 10 years...feel free to pm with any questions....will be more than willing to help answer any questions...

Could anybody comment on whether the VA will be hiring in May 2014 and how to be competitive as an applicant? I will have a few years of hospital experience as an intern and would like to work for the VA

Could anybody comment on whether the VA will be hiring in May 2014 and how to be competitive as an applicant? I will have a few years of hospital experience as an intern and would like to work for the VA

Lol seriously? Let me get out my crystal ball for you.....

They might be hiring and they might not be hiring. Complete a residency or two and you be a more competitive applicant. With the number of residents being chugged out by 2014, I highly doubt some pharmacy school internships are going to get you in the door, especially with the VA. Viewed as a very desirable work environment amongst pharmacists.

Likely answers:

Yes, they will be hiring. But they probably will not be hiring you, right out of school at least.;)