Any Pharmacy Students Had Their PCAT Manually Re-scored

Started by gator09
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gator09

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have any of you had your PCAT test manually graded and received a higher score?

I am concerned why I received such a low score on my PCAT for one particular section and I'm debating whether or not to have this section re-scored...
 
even if you pay them to re-score they will probably just take your money, do nothing, & give you the same score
 
Unless it brought your whole score down dramatically I wouldn't worry about it anyway. Schools realize that if you score high in writing and vocabulary a low reading score is BS. Same goes if you have high scores in bio and math and a good grade in chemistry, a low chem score will get overlooked.

So unless you are borderline in a number of areas and this one subject just tipped the scales, its not worth the time or money. I've not once heard of someone's score being changed because it was manually graded. Not that it hasn't happened, but I'm sure it is exceedingly rare.