any pharmacy students out there with flat feet?

Started by soul21
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

soul21

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi every body, I have recently have seriously started to consider pharmacy as a career. I have been waying the cons vs pros. One con that really concerns me is that I have flat feet. Considering that a lot of people who have flat feet develop lower back pain, I was just wondering if a pharmacy would go out of its way to accomadate someone with lower back pain with a stool to sit on while working. I know it probaly would depend on whether it is busy or not, but what about the night shift? Would it be possible for me to sit on the job in the future when im 50+ and have chronic lower back pain?
 
soul21 said:
Hi every body, I have recently have seriously started to consider pharmacy as a career. I have been waying the cons vs pros. One con that really concerns me is that I have flat feet. Considering that a lot of people who have flat feet develop lower back pain, I was just wondering if a pharmacy would go out of its way to accomadate someone with lower back pain with a stool to sit on while working. I know it probaly would depend on whether it is busy or not, but what about the night shift? Would it be possible for me to sit on the job in the future when im 50+ and have chronic lower back pain?

It depends on the company. Rite Aid -- don't hold your breath. Fred Meyer fired a pharmacist who took time off for knee surgery. He now works for Safeway.

OTOH, I have known Walgreens to not only allow a pharmacist with Rheumatoid Arthritis to sit when she needs to. In Florida they made allowances for a long time pharmacy manager who was involved in an auto accident (killed his wife and one child) now confined to a wheel chair to continue to work.

If you are physically impaired there is still a place for you, though you might have to pick your company with care.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad