Any Predents out there Greek?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Alpha Epsilon Pi, the Jewish fraternity.

Members don't see this ad.

Sweet! Thanks, gals.

I might consider joining APO soon then :thumbup:

I'm a bro in APO (delta zeta chapter), and I really love it! I love getting to meet new people each semester and there isn't any other organization on my campus that I can think of that offers the opportunity to do service any day of the week.

Alpha Phi Omega isn't a traditional Greek organization per-se: we don't turn anyone away no matter what their personality is as long as they put in the effort to complete their fraternal requirements. So, we get a nice mix of people interacting and forming some great friendships.

We don't turn anyone away no matter what their personality is as long as they put in the effort to complete their fraternal requirements. So, we get a nice mix of people interacting and forming some great friendships.

Reminds me of Saint Elmo's. A pretty diverse group and very friendly - well, except when Saint A's tossed a roasted pig into their backyard.

Members don't see this ad :)
No National Pan-hellenic Council greeks???

My college didn't have fraternities or sororities. Did I spell that right...? Oddly enough, the friends I have from high school who were in fraternities said nothing about giving back to the community or doing one ounce of community service, only about intense binge drinking parties, frequent marijuana smoking, and outrageous dues...also a buddy of mine at Vanderbilt said his frat hired Afroman to play a show.....but what do I know? (having not been at a school where I could see it with my own eyes....)
:rolleyes:

Once upon a freshman dreary, I too was in a sorority.

That almost almost rhymed. If you read it sideways, it will. :D kidding.

I guess I'm not much of a group person; my drummer is on every drug under the sun and I'm right there dancing alongside. That don't gel with too many people. So, after a semester, I realized the whole we're sisters thing wasn't for me. Yeah, I guess the drinking, the butt kissing, the late night drives to "help a sister out" wasn't my thang either.

I think more people would quit if it weren't for the backlash of rumors and nasty looks. Also, when people feel like they've invested something, say after a long nasty hazing... wait, cross that out ... initiation/bonding/we'd-love-to be-your-sister/brother ritual lasting anywhere from a week to a month, it's real hard to make the decision to back out.

With that said, I do believe that frats and sororities can enhance a person's experience in college. What's the cheesy saying? With numbers, comes strength or was it wax on, wax off? I forget! :oops: National or larger organizations have the people power it takes to get things done and I don't mean organizing frat-Fridays but more like, organizing and getting the word out on charity events. That's a pretty big deal. Albeit, the intentions are probably off target but the fact that the end result is a beneficial one is pretty good for anything any old college student can do.

Even though I was in a sorority I will not deny that in general there was more partying and such then good being done for the community. Also I almost quit my house about a dozen times because I didn't agree with the way things were going and what not...in the end when it's all said and done I am happy I stayed with it. I have made amazing friends and learned a lot from people I would have never met if it weren't for my house. Greek life is not for everyone, heck my mom dropped out of her house after 2 quarters. Just my experience.

Even though I was in a sorority I will not deny that in general there was more partying and such then good being done for the community. Also I almost quit my house about a dozen times because I didn't agree with the way things were going and what not...in the end when it's all said and done I am happy I stayed with it. I have made amazing friends and learned a lot from people I would have never met if it weren't for my house. Greek life is not for everyone, heck my mom dropped out of her house after 2 quarters. Just my experience.

Yeah, I totally agree. I think as long as a person is happy with their experience, it's really all that matters. :D

I think I saw your house when I was interviewing at Case. Did you ever live in your house?

Yes, I've lived in my house for 3 years and I love it! Especially because all the rooms are singles. What about you?

No National Pan-hellenic Council greeks???
Delta Delta Delta is a NPC too.

And I lived in my house for 2 years. Our rooms were all triples or quads though, so it got too crazy at times, I am enjoying living in my own room back at home now!! It's so quiet with just me and my parents...but I do miss it at times.

Beta Omicron chapter of Alpha Phi at Bowling Green State University.

-Alpha Delta Pi

I joined in my second year because my school was so massive and i didn't live on campus or anything; I found it hard to meet people that i really liked by sitting in huge lecture halls. It was probably the best thing I did in university aside from doing an exchange to Australia. I met some really cool people that were into going out but also had their priorities in the right place and could share their knowledge about classes/profs/etc. It also motivated me to do more philanthropy because we'd all do it together and make it really fun. Suddenly my campus seemed so much smaller and more welcoming because I would see people I knew walking around between classes; not just people from my sorority but from other frat/sororities as well. Unless you live in res, are on a sports team, or really involved in student gov or something, it can be hard to connect with people. And like someone in an above post wrote, yeah you might not love everyone in your sorority/fraternity but the few really good friends i've made out of it are invaluable to me.

Yeh I meant like the divine 9 greeks- AKA, AphiA, KAPsi, Ques, Sigmas, Deltas, Iotas, SGRho, ZphiB....

Kappa Phi Lambda Sorority Inc. ( George Mason University ) <-- that is an Asian Interest Sorority
Im currently in the Dental Hygiene Program at ODU, planning to finish my prereq, taking DAT and working while applying/ waiting for D school..( eh, hope that will work)
but anyway, being Greek is awesome! It has given me many leadership opportunities, and it forced me to get out of my shell ( im pretty shy ), but yea....rite after I crossed I basically have no free time. School, Work, bf, family, sorority..it was pretty crazy but I never regret joining. but if anyone thinkin about joining tho, watch ur time management when ur pledging..dont let ur grade go down!!
Any kpl sister in the house? holla at me!

Sigma Mu Delta - Professional Premedical/Prehealth Fraternity Alpha Chapter

Weird, though...we're a professional frat that isn't co-ed. So it's almost like a social frat except we have the title of being professional and premed/health.

Obviously pledging brought my grades down a bit, but afterwards it made me realize how much free time I had. Time management and other good stuff was developed from the pledging process, but being in the frat I think is a waste of time...the resources, the connections, and the bond with the brothers are the only reason why I'm still active. Other than that, i could care less about socials/partying and pledging.

Since then, I'm a pre-medical advisor at UCD, intern/patient advocate at a student run clinic, and in numerous med/dental clubs (since I switched a little late from medical to dental =D )

It's a great experience. I wouldn't pledge again, but it's fun to look back on.