Any Predents out there Greek?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaliGirl15

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just interested if any other predental kids out there were/are in a fraternity or sorority. I knew of only a few that were at my school.
UCSB Gamma Theta chapter of Delta Delta Delta here!

Members don't see this ad.

i always have wondered wat the purpose of these things are...? can anyone explain?

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha, I read this thread title and was about to write about the girl who sits next to me in sim lab who is Greek. Like, from Greece.

:laugh:
You can write about her...now I am curious as to what you were going to say.

And to those of you saying I "bought" my friends...well your entitled to your opinions. I've heard it plenty of times in my 4 years of undergrad, whats another dozen right?

i did enjoy the movie "old school" though.

I am! They asked about it my interviews too... :D

Sigma Phi Epsilon

Lets see, I got to hang out with a TON of people that had similar beliefs as me. I was able to take leadership roles that were mentioned AT ALL OF MY INTERVIEWS. I was able to make great networking connections. I was able to take part in philanthropic activities such as volunteering at YMCA and Habitat for Humanity.

Yeah being greek sucks....

Haha, I read this thread title and was about to write about the girl who sits next to me in sim lab who is Greek. Like, from Greece.

:laugh:

Haha...I got super excited when I saw this post because I was thinking the same thing! I'm Greek! (as in my grandparents are from Greece). We Greek dance, we cook, and we know how to have a good time! :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
You can write about her...now I am curious as to what you were going to say.

And to those of you saying I "bought" my friends...well your entitled to your opinions. I've heard it plenty of times in my 4 years of undergrad, whats another dozen right?

That sucks that you bought your friends though. But hey, look at it this way, we are friends and you never paid me!!!

CaliGirl15, what's the picture on your avitar?

That sucks that you bought your friends though. But hey, look at it this way, we are friends and you never paid me!!!
Yeah I guess I'm just so uncool I had to buy friends...or am I just so cool people had to buy me as a friend??
Yeah I never paid you true...and you are still my friend I guess I am just that cool. But see if you came and actually hung out with me you'd have to take me to dinner (at least like subway) then essentially you would be buy my friendship right?

-thats my tattoo...and it's a flower on my right hip...

Yeah I guess I'm just so uncool I had to buy friends...or am I just so cool people had to buy me as a friend??
Yeah I never paid you true...and you are still my friend I guess I am just that cool. But see if you came and actually hung out with me you'd have to take me to dinner (at least like subway) then essentially you would be buy my friendship right?

-thats my tattoo...and it's a flower in my right hip...

Oh then that would make it a date in my book. I am single, but unfortunately i will have to put you on a waitlist. I coudl probably bump you up to first because the girls on my list are not really my type. :love: I know... you come to colorado and ill take you to the subway down the street. Actually ill bump it to quiznos, or maybe chipotle/Qdoba. Wow your a lucky girl

Oh then that would make it a date in my book. I am single, but unfortunately i will have to put you on a waitlist. I coudl probably bump you up to first because the girls on my list are not really my type. :love: I know... you come to colorado and ill take you to the subway down the street. Actually ill bump it to quiznos, or maybe chipotle/Qdoba. Wow your a lucky girl
Hmmm...that sounds like a lot of money to get to CO just for food. Plus you made fun of me, I'm not sure how I feel about that...Maybe if I visit my bro. in CO I could swing buy.

Chi Chapter of Sigma Alpha
and Alpha Tau Alpha (Ag Ed honorary)

I am in a premed frat. smd. made me realize how much I DONT want to be a doctor.

-thats my tattoo...and it's a flower on my right hip...

Hmmm...that sounds like a lot of money to get to CO just for food. Plus you made fun of me, I'm not sure how I feel about that...Maybe if I visit my bro. in CO I could swing buy.

There ya go. But its coming to colorado to visit a cool guy like me, not just food. Actually im not that cool.

haha...i am both kinds of greek!

I got a good laugh out of reading all of these posts…and I couldn’t resist adding my two cents. i joined a sorority my sophomore year of college because, although i had already made a lot of friends, i wanted to be a part of something new and exciting. it helped me to go out there and become part of a new and different community. back in high school i was really involved in community service and sports but once i moved away to college it was hard to get my foot in the door...everything was so unfamiliar. sure some people go greek for the social benefits, but if you allow yourself to dig a little deeper you will also discover so much about yourself. I know that my chapter raised $7,000 for St. Judes over a course of one week...and $12,000 to jumpstart literacy in underprivileged communities. Call me crazy, but this is a good thing. Am I buying friends? I guess you can say so, but I can say without a doubt that if I were to deactivate from my sorority today, I would still have my friends.

Judge all you want...but just remember, at the end of the day we are all the same…aspiring dentists.

Side note––I have an interview at UoP in Jan...and I have no idea what to expect. Any advice?

Kappa Sigma

It's truly hilarious how people stereotype. Everyone is so concerned about racial/religion/sexuality profiling, but yet here is another group of people who profile Greek/non-Greek.

I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion and just because yours is different from mine. And I won't make stereotypical comments about you just solely based on the fact that you weren't a Greek. I guess that's a difference between you and me ;):):cool:

FGCU - Sigma Phi Epsilon

I love how people think the fraternity and sorotities of the University system are for people who cannot make friends on there own. This is such a hilarious concept because that would mean these people are the most social inept personality types (i.e. introverted). This is truly the opposite, in fact people that join the greek system are those who have different personalities. A strong point to why to join up! Meeting different types of people in a slightly controlled enviornment allows for a comfortable social experience where you can meet people with similar and totally different interests. Would you rather go to the local bar and get hammered while trying to slur out an intelligent conversation? Or even stay sober and yell at the person next to you as the music blurs out any chance of a reasonable debate? While the greek life does provide a quick rush into the social pipeline, it hardly "buys" friends. I have a few fraternity brothers who I cannot stand, while my best friend of 9 years is still my best friend, not some fraternity brother. On the other hand, I know those who have made some of their best friends through greek life where they met people with similar interests and goals. I wont get into the argument that greek life also provides for philantropy because its one that cannot be lost. While i dont think the philantropy is the most important part of greek life albeit an important one, it is the connections you can make through the philantropy, the networking, and such.

Its great to be a sigep.

• Every US President and Vice President, except two in each office, born since the first social fraternity was founded in 1825 have been members of a fraternity.
  • 76% of all Congressmen and Senators belong to a fraternity.
  • 40 of 47 US Supreme Court Justices since 1910 were fraternity men.
  • Of the nations 50 largest corporations, 43 are headed by fraternity men.
  • A US Government study shows that over 70% of all those who join a fraternity/sorority graduate, while under 50% of all non-fraternity persons graduate.
http://www.uwstout.edu/student/sigtau/whyrush.html

*sarcasm* I'm sure that the leaders of our country went greek b/c they couldn't get friends. *sarcasm*

haha...i am both kinds of greek!

I know that my chapter raised $7,000 for St. Judes over a course of one week.

Side note––I have an interview at UoP in Jan...and I have no idea what to expect. Any advice?
St. Jueds eh? does that make you a sister tri delta???
I have an interview at UoP in Jan. as well, when is yours? Mine is the 17th. I am so nervous!

Delta Gamma-Theta Beta chapter at Case Western Reserve University

This thread makes me feel old. I don't even remember what frats/ sororities were available when I was in college.

I was in a sorority for a year and a half. Decided it wasn't for me- so I can honestly stand on both sides of the fence. I have nothing against them-still love my sisters, but having to work an extra job to pay the dues wasn't worth it for me b/c then I missed out on all the events. Double-edged sword, eh?

I am in a premed frat. smd. made me realize how much I DONT want to be a doctor.

Hahahha... yeah, Sigma Mu Delta... I know a couple of people from there... no wonder you changed your mind. They are all very intense.

Sigma Sigma Sigma here, Epsilon Epsilon chapter

:D

Last edited:
It did suck up a lot of time, but the time was valuable, I did so much community service activites and fundraisers. Greek life really helped me with time management too because yes it does require a lot of time but so does studying, working, and sports, so you really learn to balance it all.

Plus studying shouldn't consume your life...

You learn great time management. I worked 15-20hours a week, took a full 16 units (and maintained a 3.6 GPA), and still all the stuff with my sisters. You just learn what you can do. I think this will help me in dental school.

Yea I really think it will come in handy in Dental school.......i'm very happy to be greek I learned a LOT :)

Last edited: