Any pregnant residents out there?

Started by annimul
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

annimul

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a first year resident in ped dentistry and am due in early June, just before I finish 1st year. I know, you're thinking dentistry - how bad can it be, but my program is at a very busy children's hospital and prides itself on its intensity. We have a busy q4 call (with no post-call) and very long hours. I'm the first in my program to have a baby during residency, so I have no one to look to when I have doubts that I will be able to finish out the program with an infant. Is there anyone out there who is also having a baby during residency or who have gone through this?
 
Congratulations!!! I am D4 and having baby in a month.
I am doing AEGD residency after graduation. I don't have any advise but I just wanted to support you!

We can do this!!