Any Questions About Ireland?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello!

I am studying medicine in Latvia, EEA country. University has been awarded by an institution and listed in the Avicenna Directory for Medicine. The full name of the university is Latvijas Medicinas Akademija. The medicine course which I’m studying is full-time 6 year programme.
After 6 year programme in Latvia, I would like to continue to study in the UK or Ireland. I would like to get an experience as a trainee doctor/ resident (internship programme). Unfortunately I can’t find relevant information about the requirements for trainee doctor programme.

Therefore, could you please help me with this issue?

I would like to know what criteria I should pass to apply for trainee doctor programme.
Is there any fee I should pay for this programme?
Do I need to prove my medicine knowledge, if yes, what tests I should complete?
Am I able to get loan?

I will be glad if you can provide any relevant information for me.

Regards
Kipi

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!

I am studying medicine in Latvia, EEA country. University has been awarded by an institution and listed in the Avicenna Directory for Medicine. The full name of the university is Latvijas Medicinas Akademija. The medicine course which I’m studying is full-time 6 year programme.
After 6 year programme in Latvia, I would like to continue to study in the UK or Ireland. I would like to get an experience as a trainee doctor/ resident (internship programme). Unfortunately I can’t find relevant information about the requirements for trainee doctor programme.

Therefore, could you please help me with this issue?

I would like to know what criteria I should pass to apply for trainee doctor programme.
Is there any fee I should pay for this programme?
Do I need to prove my medicine knowledge, if yes, what tests I should complete?
Am I able to get loan?

I will be glad if you can provide any relevant information for me.

Regards
Kipi

Hi Kipi,

As an EU graduate, you would be eligible to apply for the foundation programme in the UK with the only test required is the IELTS. This would be a paid job so you wouldn't need a loan.

http://www.foundationprogramme.nhs.uk/pages/home/how-to-apply/FP2012-Eligibility-Information

See here.

You should consider that whilst you may be eligible to apply for a Foundation job (a two year long internship) getting higher training may be more difficult as bottlenecks start appearing. Also, please see here here.

Hi

I am currently preparing to sit the Membership Faculty Occupational Medicine Examinations in Ireland. I cannot seem to locate any study aids or other materials such as pastest that you would find for other specialities.

Looking for MCQ's to practice

Any ideas where I should check