Any red flags or information about the Florida programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eulAEgy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After seeing so many replies in the other thread on local hiring I decided it's probably best that as much as I like my school's hospital it's probably best to leave to some place I'd like to settle.

So I'm asking about the various Florida programs, any information about them, red flags, etc.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You'd like to have a good pathology career, and live in Florida? It happens, but a lot of stars need alignment. Good luck.

Also, the "train where you want to practice" mantra is generally true, but I'm not so sure it would apply to Florida.

The state is full of them. I spent my entire post military career of 25 years there at the same place. Never thought FL was that special.

Members don't see this ad :)
You'd like to have a good pathology career, and live in Florida? It happens, but a lot of stars need alignment. Good luck.

Also, the "train where you want to practice" mantra is generally true, but I'm not so sure it would apply to Florida.

I was thinking more central Florida than south Florida, or is the entire state pretty much saturated?

Last edited:
Sorry to double post, on some forums using this software it won't send a notification if an @ is edited in. Anyone else care to comment on SoCal, Phoenix, Florida job markets in relation to each other @LADoc00 maybe?

Thanks.

I was thinking more central Florida than south Florida, or is the entire state pretty much saturated?

central fl is saturated. Almost seems like more residents than paths.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
Sorry to double post, on some forums using this software it won't send a notification if an @ is edited in. Anyone else care to comment on SoCal, Phoenix, Florida job markets in relation to each other @LADoc00 maybe?

Thanks.

Yah the job market in SoCal is a total dumpster fire. There isnt a single group I work with save for very select few in Orange County/Central Coast.

So I wouldnt see much of a home field advantage training there. Same with NYC, Chicago and Boston.

Reactions: 1 user
PM me. I grew up in FL, did med school in FL, interviewed at 4 or 5 FL programs, trained elsewhere, now work in FL.

Reactions: 1 user