Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Any Rutgers students?

Discussion in 'Pharmacy' started by Happyfeet29, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Happyfeet29

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hello all! I plan to apply to Rutgers Pharmacy as an incoming freshman for the 0-6 program. Any advice? I'd love to hear from current and past Rutgers Pharmacy students about professors, dorms, classes, any advice you can give me. My high school stats are: GPA - over 4.0, All A+s in science and math, many extracurricular activities, but no work experience. Thanks in advance ;) .

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Caverject

Caverject Try Some Schnitzel!

I heard on the radio Rutgers is full of nappy headed ho's...don't know if it's true or not

4. Julianne

Julianne War Eagle!!
    Moderator Emeritus

Pharmacist
    Gawd...lost $$ on this one! I said 8 hours before the subject came up - guess I should've known better :rolleyes:

To the OP: I've noticed that your threads on the Pre-Pharm forums aren't getting much response, either...have you tried calling the school and setting up a tour of the facility or asking if there are any current students who serve as mentors or would be willing to asnwer those types of questions for you? It might be worth a shot, anyway...

5. Gearhead-Rx

Pharmacy Student
    YOU ARE FIRED
    [​IMG]

6. Caverject

Do I get the money now?

7. NigerianSavior

Pre-Pharmacy

Happyfeet29, are you going to the open house on saturday. They have tons of stuff, I am going that day too. I plan on doing the 0+6 program too.

8. NigerianSavior

Pre-Pharmacy
    Blown completely out of proportion, an on air apology would have been enough.

9. Aex005

Pharmacy Student
    Hey there,

I don't think there are many Rutgers students on here, however, I'm just finishing up my second year out of 6 at Rutgers, so I can probably help you out with some of your questions about Rutgers. The best advice I can give you is to try to get in from HS. After a friend of mine (she had the same exact stats as you) didn't get in this past year, they called up and found out they had 3800 applicants for 200 spots... After that it gets harder, im the class of 2011 and i know that there were over 800 applicants for 10 spots to join for the final 4 years. My 2 pre-pharmacy years arn't too bad, Rutgers doesnt give much guidence/info during those 2 pre years which kinda sucks. However, I just had my interviews the other week and all is well for my final 4 years. I didnt have any experience when I applied and i consider myself lucky to get in now. I had a 3.9 gpa and 1350 on SAT. Oh yeah, housing on campus is hard to get for Busch campus where the pharmacy school is, however easier on any other campus. I am going to commute since i live about 10 minutes away. Any other questions?

10. Julianne

Julianne War Eagle!!
    Moderator Emeritus

Pharmacist
    Aex005: Have you actually been accepted into the school of pharmacy then? If so, I'll be glad to add you to the 'Roll Call' thread we have going in Pre-Pharm.

11. Aex005

Pharmacy Student
    Yep, I am currently a second year student, so am just finishing my pre-pharmacy portion and will be up at the school starting next fall.

12. Julianne

Julianne War Eagle!!
    Moderator Emeritus

Pharmacist
    That's great! Congrats :thumbup:

13. AvocadoLover

Pharmacist

Resident [Any Field]
    I am a student (or was?) at Rutgers. I just finished my rotations and Im graduating in May. I think its a great program. The profs are amazing and I was really impressed with all of my preceptors and the number and variability of rotations available. One thing I would say for sure, if your interested in research just ask. There is a ton of it going on but the profs arent just going to open it up to the whole class. If you have a certain interest, talk to the individual(s) who practice in that area. I did two yrs of research and it really helped me find what area of pharmacy I wanted to go into and prob helped me get into my 1st choice for residency. Oh, and scholarships too! They are secretive about it, but there is alot of money to go around. You cant get any till your a PS1, but make sure you fill out the one page scholarship app form that you can find online and apply. If you have any specific ques feel free to ask!

14. Happyfeet29

Pre-Pharmacy
    THANKS! i'll try that.

15. Happyfeet29

Pre-Pharmacy
    Really wanted to go but was unable due to a previous commitment. Did you go? How was it? Helpful information?

16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. Happyfeet29

Pre-Pharmacy

18. Caverject

Where'$ my money?

19. Julianne

Julianne War Eagle!!
    Moderator Emeritus

Pharmacist
    Well... um... I was gonna send it to you but since I didn't have an address, I donated it to a worthy cause in your name :rolleyes: