Any schools take the best of each section on the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ausmil

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any DO schools that will take the best of all sections from two or three MCATs? And if so, which ones.

Members don't see this ad.

Are there any DO schools that will take the best of all sections from two or three MCATs? And if so, which ones.

I think the shorthand answer to this is "no," though I can't say for sure. Though I would imagine that if you scored a 10, 9, 9 and then a 9, 10, 9, and then a 9, 9, 10, they would assume your actual score would be somewhere between a 9-10 in each section. However, if you're scoring 10, 7, 7 in all the various permutations, I wouldn't expect them to look at it and call it a 30. I doubt, though, that anyone's scores are distributed in such a fashion.

That being said, there must be a reason why you are asking this question. Have you taken the MCAT multiple times, and are your scores distributed that way?

A school will look at all of your MCAT scores.

Members don't see this ad :)
my understanding is that they will look at all scores but focus more on your highest score overall, not combine the individual sections. But they do view all of your scores and probably take that into consideration.

Some schools average the scores... the MSAR will let you know which schools do this for allopathic institutions. Individual websites will let you know for the COM's.

Most, however, consider all scores. This is why you should be careful not to drop your score on a retake.