Any schools take the best of each section on the MCAT

• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Ausmil

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 27, 2005
Status (Visible)
Are there any DO schools that will take the best of all sections from two or three MCATs? And if so, which ones.

StringerBell

It's the final countdown!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2007
CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Are there any DO schools that will take the best of all sections from two or three MCATs? And if so, which ones.

I think the shorthand answer to this is "no," though I can't say for sure. Though I would imagine that if you scored a 10, 9, 9 and then a 9, 10, 9, and then a 9, 9, 10, they would assume your actual score would be somewhere between a 9-10 in each section. However, if you're scoring 10, 7, 7 in all the various permutations, I wouldn't expect them to look at it and call it a 30. I doubt, though, that anyone's scores are distributed in such a fashion.

That being said, there must be a reason why you are asking this question. Have you taken the MCAT multiple times, and are your scores distributed that way?

Dr JPH

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2000
www.pcom.edu
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
A school will look at all of your MCAT scores.

About the Ads

premed2007

MS-IV
10+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2006
Washington DC
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
my understanding is that they will look at all scores but focus more on your highest score overall, not combine the individual sections. But they do view all of your scores and probably take that into consideration.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.