Any schools to add to my list?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SquigglyQ

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have 2 secondaries left to complete (GW, UMD) - they are incredible reaches, so I have been hesitant to even bother.

But, I think I can find the free time to do 3-5 more secondaries if it will help.

Stats:
3.5 cGPA/ 3.4 sGPA/506 (123 Verbal)/ URM

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Bilingual, but not Spanish.

Last edited:
George Washington is not a reach for you so apply there. Also consider all these schools:
Jefferson
Quinnipiac
Oakland Beaumont
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Tulane
Creighton

Thank you.
GW says on their website that a 123 is not competitive at their institution- that is my CARS score.

If the school has no VA representation in their class, is it even worth a shot?

Last edited:
If they have no VA residents and they are a private school they are worth applying to. Most non Virginia state public schools are not worth applying to since they strongly favor their own residents. West Virginia and Indiana are exceptions. George Washington is in DC which has a very large African American population so they are looking for African American applicants and your CARS score of 123 will not matter.

Thank you very much!

Last edited:
Yes, it is important to apply broadly to many appropriate schools to maximize the number of interviews you will receive. If you have several acceptances you also have more options with how much financial aid schools offer you.