Any shame in delaying test date?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Global Warming

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I originally planned on testing on Jan. 29th. However, as the time approaches...I feel that I won't be able to "finish" in time. It's been rough mentally to constantly think about test day approaching. Anyways, I could always push it back to March/April....it would make it a lot easier, plus I'll have more time to make sure I am fully ready.

I planned the MCAT stuff early for this exact reason...if I didn't have enough time, I could always have a nice buffer w/o screwing up everything and still apply early. Although I realize that comparing yourself to others is not the way to go, I can't help but feel a little shame for taking more time than "others". I find it strange that I am even posting this b/c I'll be the first one to tell anyone NOT to compare themselves to others. :laugh:

What you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

january, dont wuss out on us. you aint never gonna be ready for the mcat, or always feel like you could do more.

you can never really be 100% ready for the MCAT. Having said that only take it when you are ready. No shame in delaying a test a couple of month. I mean a few years ago they didn't even have the option have having so many test dates in a year. So you either took the april or august test. To have your scores ready for med school early, just make sure you take it before June.

Best of luck

You guys are both right. If someone else posted my thread, I would totally say what you guys are saying...I guess I need to hear it myself every now and then. Just feeling a little discouraged today, but looking on the 30+ section is very helpful to say the least. Usually I wake up very early to start my studies, but I've been mope'ing around the house today wasting time. I should be okay now, starting to feel much better.

Members don't see this ad :)
moping is part of the process, gangsta. take the test in january and live a champion.

moping is part of the process, gangsta. take the test in january and live a champion.

I'm completely ready to move on the next part of my life. At the moment, I keep thinking about the day that I'll know....I never have to study for the MCAT again..FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. At which point, I will proceed to throwing my MCAT books in the garbage. In reality however, I'll probably give all my books to some deserving pre-med and hopefully be able to help them do well too.

How's everything going for you??

Look at 30+ thread; even if you started just today, you would be studying more than at least 1/4 of those people with success stories.

That should tell you something.

If you take in january, you can cram a lot more in. Also, if you don't do as well, you get your scores in febuary and have ample time to retake.

I'm feeling like you, that I won't be ready in time for January, but I realize if I actually just sat down and really put everything into it, even though it's really gonna suck for the next two monthes, I'll do fine on it and never have to take it again. Bear with it ya know