Sep 2, 2011
In a study carrel stuck in a dark library
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey All,

So I am starting the SN2ed program on Monday, doing the 3 month schedule. My MCAT is scheduled for Apr 11.

I'd like a 29+. I am using the ExamKrackers for Bio Review, Berkley for Physics, Chemistry, & Organic, and TPR Hyperlearning for Verbal.

Also, I will be doing this schedule when I return to Uni near the end of January. I'm taking a 17 credit load...but taking all night classes, so I plan to have 8 hours 6 days a week.

I'm sort of a newb to the world of SN2ed so any tips people have that hae done it, or know people that did it would be appreciated.

1TB4RKSB4CK

wussup doge
5+ Year Member
May 6, 2010
Miami
Status
Pre-Medical
lol I remember your avi, I was just reading a thread you created a year ago about test banks and you arguing with Nicknaylor lmao
A bit too much to handle with that credit load. You gotta be consistent and make sure you don't get 2-3 days behind. I personally wouldn't do a full study while taking classes. I'd suggest spreading out your study over 5 months if that is the case. Run passages almost daily if possible. However, tests should come first as they are the ones tat matter immediately since it can affect our GPA.

OP
DrStraggler
Sep 2, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
lol I remember your avi, I was just reading a thread you created a year ago about test banks and you arguing with Nicknaylor lmao
A bit too much to handle with that credit load. You gotta be consistent and make sure you don't get 2-3 days behind. I personally wouldn't do a full study while taking classes. I'd suggest spreading out your study over 5 months if that is the case. Run passages almost daily if possible. However, tests should come first as they are the ones tat matter immediately since it can affect our GPA.
Haha, I still hate test banks, but now I just study harder and beat em anyways. Cheaters never win. Hope Nicknaylor didn't take it to heart, I happened to think he's quite the genius.

Anyways, thanks for the advice man. I know it's going to be a lot condensed into a small period of time so hopefully I can do it. And yeah, I purposely waited to hold off on a lot of my geneds for this semester, so I'm hoping it'll all be fluff work really.

Do you think using TBR for Bio review is too much? Have you had success with Sn2ed?

1TB4RKSB4CK

wussup doge
5+ Year Member
May 6, 2010
Miami
Status
Pre-Medical
Yeah, I doubt he is a cheater anyways with his ridiculous stats. I come from a smaller, private uni so most of the profs make their own exams to limit cheating.

I would use TPRH for Bio and then use TBR for passages, but if you only want to get one, TBR is best because you get the passages and the review.
I used it early on, but I got behind and I completed content review a week or two late of the schedule so I had to readjust my practice exam schedules.

gettheleadout

MS-4
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2010
Status
Medical Student
99% chance you'll fall significantly behind at some point - don't sweat it. Same thing happened to me and countless others, I think it's normal because the schedule is insane in a beautiful way. Like Johnny said, be consistent in your progress, and focus on that more than sticking to the schedule rigidly.

Reactions: shahcoco

Next Step Tutor

MCAT Guru
Sponsor
5+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2013
Tucson, AZ
nextsteptestprep.com
Status
Pre-Medical
99% chance you'll fall significantly behind at some point - don't sweat it. Same thing happened to me and countless others
This is key - you've gotta strike this balance between pushing yourself hard, but not beating yourself up when you start to get a bit behind (esp. with a 17 credit courseload!!). As the saying goes, don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

The one big suggestion I'd make is to follow Dory's advice from Finding Nemo.

When you set a really ambitious schedule for yourself, it can be easy to get snagged up on one topic (argh! I just can't get titrations!!) and fall way behind. When that happens, just keep swimming. You can come back to it later and you can't let one sticky bit hold you up for days when there's plenty of other things to review.

OP
DrStraggler
Sep 2, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
This is key - you've gotta strike this balance between pushing yourself hard, but not beating yourself up when you start to get a bit behind (esp. with a 17 credit courseload!!). As the saying goes, don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

The one big suggestion I'd make is to follow Dory's advice from Finding Nemo.

When you set a really ambitious schedule for yourself, it can be easy to get snagged up on one topic (argh! I just can't get titrations!!) and fall way behind. When that happens, just keep swimming. You can come back to it later and you can't let one sticky bit hold you up for days when there's plenty of other things to review.

Thanks for this advice man! Right now I'm set for the April 22nd or April 24th exam (can't remember the date) so finishing up on time is a huge priority, but I'm going to take as much time as I need to go through it. Thankfully, I'm taking 3 online classes (Geneds) so I have about 8 hours everyday to devote to MCAT Prep. I just need to stay really motivated. I hope I can break a 30, as that's really my goal.

I'll keep everyone posted for future Sn2ed users!

Reactions: victoriah