Any student hosts for Howard?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
G

GujjuNo1

Which option should I go for?

(1) I can either schedule the interview for next week and pay $70 higher for airfare or (2) schedule for next month (10/12)

I guess the real question is....is next month too late? fyi..this is for Howard Univ.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I would say the earlier the better. However, with Howard University, I think they are just looking for a pulse.

Since the AAMC recommendations say no offers should be given out until Oct. 15, I think you're ok to wait a month. You'll still interview before the earliest possible offer date!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're prepared to go next week, I would pay extra $70.
But October is still pretty early.

DeadorAlive said:
Since the AAMC recommendations say no offers should be given out until Oct. 15, I think you're ok to wait a month. You'll still interview before the earliest possible offer date!

Anyone know why the AAMC recommends no offers until 10/15? I understand that EDP people must have a decision by that date, but why can't the rest of us? I know that the U of Florida admissions committee is meeting tonight for all of us that interviewed on Friday, and decisions will be made tonight, but we won't hear anything until after October 15.

greendot said:
Anyone know why the AAMC recommends no offers until 10/15? I understand that EDP people must have a decision by that date, but why can't the rest of us? I know that the U of Florida admissions committee is meeting tonight for all of us that interviewed on Friday, and decisions will be made tonight, but we won't hear anything until after October 15.

I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing it has something to do with Aug MCATers.

Apparition said:
If you're prepared to go next week, I would pay extra $70.
But October is still pretty early.

You have me just right.....the extra $70 is just an excuse. Tell you the truth....I am just so damn nervous. I think I am going to wait it out till Oct 12th and just prepare as much as possible.

GujjuNo1 said:
You have me just right.....the extra $70 is just an excuse. Tell you the truth....I am just so damn nervous. I think I am going to wait it out till Oct 12th and just prepare as much as possible.

I did the same thing, mine was two week difference though. It's better to go prepared then early.