Any thoughts on William Beaumont in Michigan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pedsforme

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have an interview scheduled at William Beaumont and I don't know anything about the program. Has anyone interviewed there? Any good or bad thoughts? How does it compare to Children's Michigan or U of Mich? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I am a med student from the area. I have not done any rotations at Beaumont in peds, only at Children's Hospital of Michigan. Beaumont peds is a community hospital program, and they transfer out a lot of patients to Children's (and possibly UM as well). The residents do some rotations downtown at Children's. The ones I have rotated with seem nice, and competant. The patient population is very different - more mid to upperclass, whereas children's has a large underserved population. Beaumont is a gorgeous hospital, with lots of nice places to each, and very nice lounges and tvs. Beaumont is well known in Michigan, but I am not sure that is well known throughout the US for peds.