Any thoughts on William Beaumont in Michigan?

Started by pedsforme
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pedsforme

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, I have an interview scheduled at William Beaumont and I don't know anything about the program. Has anyone interviewed there? Any good or bad thoughts? How does it compare to Children's Michigan or U of Mich? Thanks.
 
I am a med student from the area. I have not done any rotations at Beaumont in peds, only at Children's Hospital of Michigan. Beaumont peds is a community hospital program, and they transfer out a lot of patients to Children's (and possibly UM as well). The residents do some rotations downtown at Children's. The ones I have rotated with seem nice, and competant. The patient population is very different - more mid to upperclass, whereas children's has a large underserved population. Beaumont is a gorgeous hospital, with lots of nice places to each, and very nice lounges and tvs. Beaumont is well known in Michigan, but I am not sure that is well known throughout the US for peds.