Any Tips for a New Wally Pharmacist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ATC Espresso

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello~

After weeks of intense job hunt, I will soon be working as a staff pharmacist at Walmart. I have never worked as an intern or a pharmacist at that company, and I am not acquainted with any Walmart pharmacists. I do have worked as a pharmacist at another retail chain before so hopefully it won't be a shocking change of work environment.

Can anyone who is working or who has worked as a Walmart pharmacist offer me some tips to help avoid unnecessary newbie mistakes? Are there tricks to help me learn their system more efficiently? Any advice would be much appreciated! 🙂
 
Last edited:

I have read that thread and am quite shocked that Walmart is so much more strict on the number of mistakes their pharmacists can make per year. I have also read somewhere else on SDN that Walmart also provides more help to their pharmacists, so hopefully I will be under less pressure to meet the wait time and can spend more time catching any potential mistakes.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't call it Wally...it makes you sound like a DB.

I saw "Wally" being used to refer to Walmart on SDN before so that's why I used it. Why do people refer to Walmart as "Wally" anyway? Is it because Walmart is such a chill and laid-back environment where Wally would love to work?
 
I saw "Wally" being used to refer to Walmart on SDN before so that's why I used it. Why do people refer to Walmart as "Wally" anyway? Is it because Walmart is such a chill and laid-back environment where Wally would love to work?
I've always heard it called "wally world" just like people always call Target "tar-jhey" as if it's a fancy store. Doesn't have anything to do with pharmacy.
 
I saw "Wally" being used to refer to Walmart on SDN before so that's why I used it. Why do people refer to Walmart as "Wally" anyway? Is it because Walmart is such a chill and laid-back environment where Wally would love to work?

Sam Walton was the founder hence "WAL-mart", the utilization of "Wally" is merely slang/pseudonym and has no affiliation with any individual by the name "Wally". Just an FYI.😀
 
Last edited: