Any Touro Pharm.D Students (thread by an incoming student)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JBond007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have some questions?

Members don't see this ad.

I would like to who's attending Touro in Fall 2007?

mee. Tuan. got to put my name out there so that next year, when we introduce, it'll ring a bell. i hope to see you guys there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! me too!

How do you guys feel about the school?
I just feel a little concern, eventhough I have heard all the explanation.

But also, I feel excited to go to pharmacy school!

I feel the exact same way, I still have some interviews next month but I would be happy going to Touro and am excited about going to pharmacy school :)

But at the same time I have some worries about the facilities and I'm just worried overall because their program is so new.

Hello! me too!

How do you guys feel about the school?
I just feel a little concern, eventhough I have heard all the explanation.

But also, I feel excited to go to pharmacy school!

What is your concern? Is it accreditation?

If it is; based on ACPE's website it shows candidate accreditation. And I think the next step is Full. It looks like a good program to include faculty, and 2+2 program. What concerns me the most is on some blog i notice about UCSD and Loma Linda accreditation...donot know what that means. because ACPE shows Candidate for them..and the other thing is attending private school is little expensive to with housing and all..

First, congrat to those who were accepted to TUCOP.
Second, TUCOP is in its second year operation; therefore, accreditation is on its way. As a current second year student at TUCOP, i can tell you that i have had a lot of positive experiences at school. I was fortunate enough to take part in the visit of ACPE committee, and they gave us nothing but praise about this program. In short, TUCOP is well on its way to getting the accreditation. if you have more questions, you are welcome to email me at [email protected]

As a Touro student myself, I would be proud to say that attending Touro is one the best choice I've ever made. The faculty is dedicated and the facility is great.
Regarding the concern about the accreditation process, there's nothing to worry about, especially for those who are entering for Fall 2007. Touro just achieved candidate status this year and this status will last till 2011 (5 years). During this 5-year period, any student who graduate from the program will have the same rights and privilages as those who graduate from a fully accredited program (based on the ACPE website). Thus, class of 2009 (Fall 05), 2010 (Fall 06), and 2011 (Fall 07) will be able to take the NAPLEX no matter what happens afterwards. Personally, I dont think Touro will have any problem achieving full accreditation status after class 09 grad. You can always email me at [email protected] if you want more info.

First, congrat to those who were accepted to TUCOP.
Second, TUCOP is in its second year operation; therefore, accreditation is on its way. As a current second year student at TUCOP, i can tell you that i have had a lot of positive experiences at school. I was fortunate enough to take part in the visit of ACPE committee, and they gave us nothing but praise about this program. In short, TUCOP is well on its way to getting the accreditation. if you have more questions, you are welcome to email me at [email protected]

1) Do u recommend anything to prepare prior to coming as a P1 student at Touro as far as academics

2)What's ur recommendation / any suggestions about housing; for someone who donot know the town very well or northern CA overall?

Wow, thank you so much for your response. I feel much better hearing from actual Touro students. I was just wondering, for the Touro students, are there any scholarships for P1 students? I am having trouble finding any.

hello everyone... I too will be attending Touro in Fall 2007. Can't wait to meet all of you... i'm still looking for roomates if anyone is still interested... does anyone know if Touro will be sending out lists of people interested in becoming roomates?